John Pepera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John Pepera

It is with a heavy heart and real true upset that I have to report to fellow collectors that WAF colleague John Pepera has passed away. I'm afraid I do not have the details. I last spoke with John on the 16th May a couple of days before the last time he logged in to WAF. He was in good spirits and in fact we were working on a deal!
    I felt the political forum was an appropriate place to post this news, moderator please move if required.
    Let me be the first to put forward the Political Organisation section be renamed the John Pepera Political Organisation section in his honour as one of the truelly great political collectors and his imput in to our hobby, our forum and our section.
    John will be missed by us all.
    RIP

I am sorry to hear that and my thoughts go out to his family. I never met John but did see him set up at the MAX and SOS. A plethora of GPB's and party badges he had. His expertise will be missed.

Greg

Comment

I for one am surprised and saddened to learn this . I've known John for many years and he was certainly one of the most helpful people in the hobby. My condolences to his family.
      Jim

Comment

This is terrible news! I am sorry to hear about his passing and will miss him and his expertise greatly. I obtained my one and only GPB from John and it is one of the focal points of my small but growing political collection. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.
        Richard V
        Last edited by Richard; 06-12-2013, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Sad to hear that an advanced political collector passed away. He shall be missed here...

Regards, Wim
          Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Originally posted by Richard View Post
            This is terrible news! I am sorry to hear about his passing and will miss him and his expertise greatly. I obtained my one and only GPB from John and it is one of the focal points of my small but growing politcal collection. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.
            Richard V
            Like you Richard, I purchased my 1st GPB from John many years ago. I have had many interesting dicussions with John through the years and I will miss seeing him at the MAX. A great old time collector who's knowledge will be missed.

RIP John.
            Last edited by ErichS; 06-12-2013, 12:24 PM.

Comment

i am truly sorry to hear this sad news .. i bought a near mint political gorget from him not to long ago that iwill truly cherish in his honor ... EC

Comment

Indeed this is very sad news among us. While I never met John in this life, we had corresponded for many years and I have long considered him a personal friend. He was a deep source of information and detail on many subjects discussed here, and to my knowledge his personal collection of Golden Party Badges was the largest and most developed that I have ever seen in photograph or have known of. The GPB was not his only field of interest, to be sure, and his cheerful presence and willingness to share information will be greatly missed in many Third Reich historical circles.

May our dear friend, John Pepera, rest in eternal peace and rise in the nearer presence of our Lord!

Br. James

Comment

Truly sad news. I recognized him as a leading collector.

A time ago, upon realizing that we both lived in the same town I reached out to him about meeting but never followed up on his generous acceptance.
                  ------------------------------------------------
                  Collector of French ww2-era insignia.

Comment

Very sad news.

Comment

As Greg I am sorry to hear that. I never met Mr PEPERA but did see him set up at the SOS. His expertise will be missed.
                      RIP

Pascal.
                      Straßburger / When in doubt do without...
                      - Looking for : SS TK «Oberbayern» flatwire CT.

Comment

Sincere condolences to his Family.
                        May you Rest in Peace .John.
                        Seiler.

Comment

Terribly sad news. Agree with Jon regarding the name change of the forum.

Comment

That was sad news, my condolences to his Family.
                            Have meet and talked with him many times at the SOS.

Anders L

Comment

How old was John?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X