From Wasserburger Straße

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From Wasserburger Straße

I tend to mainly collect AH silver/porcelain pieces but, on my travels, come across Eva Braun items too. Most of these you need to take with a big pinch of salt, but good ones are out there.

Here is one!

I picked this little plate up directly from the veteran's family, and it came from her residence in Munich. It is not marked with her name, but on the reverse is the name of the artist 'Sofie Stork' - who also created hand painted sets for Hitler and Eva Braun at the Berghof. She was a personal friend of theirs and was a well-known Munich-based artists at the time.

The Nymphenburg mark is interesting. I am guessing that Stork simply acquired 'ready made' porcelain and applied her pictures to them. I have seen this on other plates of hers.

The famous photographer, Lee Miller, visited Eva Braun's Munich residence at the end of WW2 and noted she had two sets of porcelain. The first was detailed with little blue flowers and the second she described as 'modern peasant'. This example is the second variety.

Anyway...enjoy.

Chris
    Attached Files

Nice Chris and I really like the Stork porcelain attributed to Hitler as well. In fact Brent Smith has a Hitler Stork designed plate on his site.

Comment

Thanks Erich.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
      X