• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA Gold Grade Cloth Insignia

As described...for your review....

Attached Files
    RonR

I'm sorry but I have never liked these Ron. The construction and type of embroidery work does not appear to be period. I don't know when they first hit the market but they pop up from time to time and now collectors seem to think they are real. Sorry just my 2 cents.

Mark

Comment

I'm with Mark. Swastika is too thin and I don't know of any that have came directly from a veteran. Looks more like Patch King work than German IMO.

Comment

Agree on these insignia--they're nicely made but don't look like other German machine embroidered insignia in the details of the construction.
        Erich
        Festina lente!

Comment

Embroidery does not look okay, but what should be the reason of wearing an embroidered cloth sports-badge? In the regulation about this badge from 1937, Par. 17, page 25 they do mention a woven form, which was allowed to be worn with a sports-shirt at the left side. It was further mentioned that all other forms, which were available in shops, were not valid and were to be taken away!

It was not mentioned at all even with any of the eight sports-dress forms for the Reichswettkämpfe or NS-Kampfspiele (order FO 2b 13704 , published July 1, 1939).
          Last edited by wilhelm Saris; 05-14-2013, 03:11 AM.

Comment

The size of these patches is quite a bit larger than the SA (Wehr) sport badge in metal or Bevo woven construction--they're too large to be worn as a cloth badge.
            Festina lente!

Comment

As suspected.

Thanks to all!.

Best regards,
              RonR

Comment

this is the only one official cloth gold grade

GG
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Weinand View Post
                  .... Looks more like Patch King work than German IMO.
                  Looks like PK indeed. Nice made though...

Gravedigga's is textbook.

Comment

SA cloth badge in silver

Does anyone have a SA cloth badge in silver that they could post images of?

Comment

SA Gold Cloth Badge

I have found this badge to be a mystery. I am quite frankly not sure that it is a post WWII example. To me, it looks very much like some other badges that I have encountered--especially some of the thick felt-like Kriegsmarine patches. Shown here is a side by side comparison. These patches, in my opinion are very similar with respect to construction. The white threads on the back do not glow at all under a black light. I do not know what this SA patch was intended for; perhaps it was a special non-regulation custom item. I have seen many similarly constructed KM patches on the market. Some additional photos follow.
                      Attached Files

Comment

SA Gold Cloth Badge

More photos...
                        Attached Files

Comment

SA Gold Cloth Badge

Here is a side by side comparison of two KM cloth badges. From what I have seen, the stitching of these special non-bevo style patches comes in two major forms. I could be really off, but when I do searches for these types of insignia, I find these two styles come up most often. One style looks to be hand sewn onto a felt type cloth and the other style looks to be machine sewn onto a felt type cloth with a white mesh backing--similar to the "Gold SA" cloth badge. For me, the mystery continues.
                          Attached Files

Comment

SA Gold Cloth Badge

I hope that the Collector's Guild does not mind me posting this picture. Here, again, I see a similar construction style between this patch and the "SA Gold" badge. Maybe I am crazy and maybe I am missing something obvious, but the SA badge looks and feels like some of these KM patches.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Perhaps they were intended to be affixed to an armband where they are, essentially, the same size as the sports armband...
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X