SA Gold Grade Cloth Insignia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gauze and gauze

There is PK gauze (white and rough) and there is other gauze used on German insignia (often grey or black and much finer)...

Also note that some people didn't like the POA patch.

But if you are fine with the SA patch, enjoy it please. It's not for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Dmv View Post
      ...note that some people didn't like the POA patch.
      The comments were “an original variation”, another member agreed “A beautiful variation. I would welcome to my collection anytime” a third stated it was “quite scarce” while a fourth said “Very nice insignia, the backing also correct!”.

Another said he wasn’t ”a fan” of the backing but didn’t claim it was a reproduction, while another said he “would prefer” the other style of the POA. The final thread comment was your’s - throwing “Patch King” into the discussion...

Comment

Hello,

Absolutely not!! There were way more than one manufacturer of backing material for the greater Third Reich. That is one of the reasons why I have collected Heer cloth insignia for the past 40 years. The variation of backing materials, base cloth and embroidery styles are just a few reasons. As you can see by the backing materials in the posted pictures.

The one thing that I have not come across in my collecting of cloth insignia is this style of backing material on an original TR manufactured piece of cloth insignia.

As DMV said, "But if you are fine with the SA patch, enjoy it please. It is not for me"

Fred
        Attached Files

Comment

b
          Attached Files

Comment

c
            Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
            X