SA Collar Tab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA Collar Tab

I would like your opinions on this collar tab, what rank would this be for? Also the green backing. Thanks for your time. Ralph
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Ralph Arndt; 05-03-2013, 06:52 PM.

Tab

The tab represents SA Gruppe Kurpfalz, and is the rank of SA Oberfuhrer. I'm not keen on the tab, as the oak leaf pattern is different than every one I've seen. The bottom leaf should be complete, and should appear to overlap part of the top leaf. Your example is opposite, with the top leaf covering part of the bottom one. I don't care for the wool, or the way it covers most of the back. Not keen on the piping either. There's a good chance the tab is fake, IMO. Let's hear what others say.

Comment

Any other opinions, thanks for your time. Ralph

Comment

IMO it's a bad piece with higher quality embroidery. But the wool is wrong (wrong texture, coloration is also odd), backing is wrong, wool is too thick as is the entire tab, piping looks like postwar wrapped piping, and the template/pattern for the oakleaves is not typical of a standard SA tab. It's also missing the small detail bullion design at the bottom of the stem. That's not always present, but on this style of tab, it should be.
        Erich
        Festina lente!

Comment

Erich and Sqstandard thank you, now I know.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X