Building door handle find

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Building door handle find

This came out of a local collection, still has a partial paper tag with a note the vet wrote (perhaps)? I believe this is off a former political/axis building and I'm thinking the door was big and heavy. The handle itself is very heavy made of bronze/brass w/clear acrylic handle (not glass). Has a stylized swaz at the base and a floral pattern at the tip - Japanese influenced design.

Any thoughts where is may have come from?
    Attached Files

more
    Attached Files

Comment

and more
      Attached Files

Comment

Too bad the note did not survive in its entirety, but could be "Hit"-ler.

Like the style of this door handle. Someone may come across and post a picture of the Reichskanzlei or some other TR building where this may have come from.

Comment

Hi Misha,

Welcome among us. Thanks very much for sharing this door handle; quite an attractive piece. While I don't recognize it's original location, I certainly agree with Andreas: I like it, too!

Br. James

Comment

Is it more like toilet flush size? Only I would suggest the door handles would be solid brass but a flush would more likely have the clear part...

Comment

It looks like the handle of a cabinet door to me...

Comment

very difficult to know exactly it's use but certainly third reich and of use in a political building of some sort.no doubt the note is original to it,i like it.........dave

Comment

Looks more like a handle from a piece of furniture rather than a room door. The clear part being a clear plastic sort of material rather than glass is odd. To my eye the design of the circular figure looks more oriental than German.
                  Erich
                  Festina lente!

Comment

Originally posted by Erich B. View Post
                    Looks more like a handle from a piece of furniture rather than a room door. The clear part being a clear plastic sort of material rather than glass is odd. To my eye the design of the circular figure looks more oriental than German.
                    Erich

agree...and compared to the hand that holds the handle in the photo..it looks quite to small for a door handle of a huge door...

Comment

It is a large handle, I do think it could be for a door or cabinet. A bit too fancy for a toilet handle...but you never know - LOL! I have taken a few more shots for more opinions.

Comment

more shots
                        Attached Files

Comment

How does it look from the other side?

Comment

Sunny and warm!

Comment

At six inches and attached with only a few turns for the threaded projection to tighten into a threaded base of about 3/4" diameter, I don't think it was designed to provide a great deal of leverage to pull open any kind of door. It certainly would not work as a turn door handle as it would soon unscrew. The base was probably mounted on some kind of cabinet door.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X