No announcement yet.

SA and NSDAP Armbands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for your opinion and information Br. James. This is why I'm starting to think that it may be for a supporter of the party that wore it to a parade to show support or something in that matter. Ron, thanks for showing the ss armband for comparing and I never saw one with a ss stamp on it. I also love the service medal in the back! I saw a 2 SS daggers at the same auction. They sold for $2,500 and the auction certified everything 100% authentic. I thought it was a lower price and I sadly didn't have enough money and wasn't budging from my idea of buying these armbands. Here is the link for anyone who was curious about the auction.....
    http://www.auctionzip.com/cgi-bin/ph...ry=0&zip=&kwd=

Comment

Originally posted by kyles bullets View Post
      Thanks for your opinion and information Br. James. This is why I'm starting to think that it may be for a supporter of the party that wore it to a parade to show support or something in that matter. Ron, thanks for showing the ss armband for comparing and I never saw one with a ss stamp on it. I also love the service medal in the back! I saw a 2 SS daggers at the same auction. They sold for $2,500 and the auction certified everything 100% authentic. I thought it was a lower price and I sadly didn't have enough money and wasn't budging from my idea of buying these armbands. Here is the link for anyone who was curious about the auction.....
      http://www.auctionzip.com/cgi-bin/ph...ry=0&zip=&kwd=
      The SS stamp is bogus.

Comment

Originally posted by CurtD View Post
        The SS stamp is bogus.
        It has been explained as follows by a very respected gentleman...

"Example is an early cotton kampfbinde variant which were mostly used for a brown shirt, and some time you can see a cotton version was wore on a black service tunic as well - mostly until around mid 1930s.

For the stamp, I think it is not issued stamp by the RZM but it seems an unit stamp for an issued clothing articles that normally required to identify: the Oberabschnitt; the year of issue; and the unit ID.

The stamp seems having: 12 (could be the Abschnitt Frankfurt), SP ?? (Oberabschnitt, Spree), II/27? (if it is 27, then, it should be Strumbann II of the Allg-SS Fuss Standart 27, Frankfurt). "

Veteran acquired, and I will not defend it.

Attached Files
        RonR

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X