Vintage Productions

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1929 Reichsparteitag Table Medals Authenticity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1929 Reichsparteitag Table Medals Authenticity?

Hello friends, I have an opportunity to purchase both the bronze & silver 1929 Reichsparteitag table medals depicted below from a contact in Germany.

I hope that some of you will please provide me with your honest opinions and comments regarding these medals as I need to respond to the seller ASAP?

DSC06723.JPG

DSC06724.JPG

Hello friends, I have an opportunity to purchase both the bronze & silver 1929 Reichsparteitag table medals depicted below from a contact in Germany.

I hope that some of you will please provide me with your honest opinions and comments regarding these medals as I need to respond to the seller ASAP?

DSC06725.JPG

DSC06726.JPG

Comment

DSC06727.JPG

DSC06728.JPG

Comment

Hello Robert,

The non portable 29 medals you have pictured are both fake.

Erich

Comment

Originally posted by ErichS View Post
          Hello Robert,

The non portable medals you have pictured are both fake.

Erich
          Wow that was a truly rapid response Erich, you give genuine meaning to the ole adage " a friend in need is a friend indeed.

Thank you for pulling me back from the precipice yet again.

Comment

source for fakes

you can skip a step and get them directly from the distributor here:
            http://www.thirdreichbadges.com/MAIN...er.___1677.htm

cheers
            Matt

Comment

The one above is fake.
              Fakers are now also enterprising enough to include cased versions for this non-portal award.

Mil

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Jones View Post
                Wow that was a truly rapid response Erich, you give genuine meaning to the ole adage " a friend in need is a friend indeed.

Thank you for pulling me back from the precipice yet again.
                No problem Rob and I'm glad to help.

These non portables were made in the UK and you usually see them cased. Weitze has a few originals on his site if you're interested in adding one to your collection.

Best,

Erich

Comment

Thanks for adding the link to Third Reich Badges in the UK, Matt -- it certainly gave me a shock to visit it! Not only does this firm offer a whole line of repro TR badges and awards, but the description of the RPT '29 Badge in Silver stunned me: "Reichsparteitag 1929 Nurnberg commemorative badge in Silver. This badge was issued to commemorate the Reichs Party Day in Nuremberg of 1933." "1933?!?!" Now, how out of sync is that?!

Br. James

Comment

The fact that they can't quite connect the dots just yet is the best defense we have and it can also at times be amusing
                    cheers
                    Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
                      Thanks for adding the link to Third Reich Badges in the UK, Matt -- it certainly gave me a shock to visit it! Not only does this firm offer a whole line of repro TR badges and awards, but the description of the RPT '29 Badge in Silver stunned me: "Reichsparteitag 1929 Nurnberg commemorative badge in Silver. This badge was issued to commemorate the Reichs Party Day in Nuremberg of 1933." "1933?!?!" Now, how out of sync is that?!

Br. James
                      A well known ,long time,supplier of copies of TR badges cases etc.
                      Nicholas Morigi in Newmarket,UK
                      Seiler

Comment

Sincere thanks to all of you for the sound advice and guidance.

Comment

Original cased examples of the 29 badges are as rare as hens teeth. If you go to a show 4.999 out of 5 cased 29 medals are fake.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                          X