Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

???????????????what is it????????????????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

???????????????what is it????????????????????

Here is an unidentified patch I obtained a few weeks ago from E-Medals. I have had help from others to try and identify it but at this time no one has seen another one. I am putting it up to see what the rest of you think.
    It is 1"3/4 x 1"5/8 bevo and has the tan thread used to stitch it on to a uniform, and all material used match the period. I am leaning towards HJ. What do you think?
    Attached Files

Perhaps something linked with Japan (image of the Rising Sun)?

Kind regards
    Pierce

Comment

I believe I have seen this before, inside the neck of a BDM jacket. I believe this is not a piece of insignia but rather a manufacturer label.

Comment

Originally posted by luftkreig View Post
        Perhaps something linked with Japan (image of the Rising Sun)?

Kind regards
        Pierce
        The Nazi's used the rising sun many times. From what I was told an authority on the HJ trip to Japan says it is not any of the badges given for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Pittman View Post
          I believe I have seen this before, inside the neck of a BDM jacket. I believe this is not a piece of insignia but rather a manufacturer label.

I Agree on that

Comment

Regarding the "Japanese" motive, here's two pins from the Reichsverband Deutscher Turn-, Sport-, und Gymnastiklehrer. I don't know if helpfull but since these pins are quite unknown to most collectors it may help someone anyway.

best regards,
            Gaston
            Attached Files

Comment

never saw it before

Comment

Gaston, this might be the clue, who knows?
                I knew I had seen the motive before: Hüsken from 2010 as 8766, page 230 (by state recognized skiing teachers) and a variant for skiing teachers on page 231.

Comment

I think it's a clothing tag as well--I've had several similar designs. This one is likely used by an earlyish manufacturer/seller of skiing and hiking clothing as well as NS uniform sort of items.
                  Erich
                  Festina lente!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Pittman View Post
                    That is interesting and I hope you can remember where you saw it, if indeed it is that then I can put this mystery to bed.

Comment

Originally posted by Erich B. View Post
                      I think it's a clothing tag as well--I've had several similar designs. This one is likely used by an earlyish manufacturer/seller of skiing and hiking clothing as well as NS uniform sort of items.
                      Erich
                      Do you have any photos of the similar designs?

Comment

Originally posted by wilhelm Saris View Post
                        Gaston, this might be the clue, who knows?
                        I knew I had seen the motive before: Hüsken from 2010 as 8766, page 230 (by state recognized skiing teachers) and a variant for skiing teachers on page 231.

Hi Wim,

Thanks for the Huesken reference, but although skiing teachers may have had the pin i think the (mother)organisation for these was broader and as a teacher they fell under such a bigger gymnastik teachers organisation. Please see the picture here under, i saved it about two years ago here from the forum.

Regarding the clothing tag: could very well be. Like ErichB i too think to have seen more different designs (might have some pics on my computer, but im ill with fever and lack the energy to dig deep this week. It would be nice to finally puzzle this out. The cloth items may be for certain related sports, not necessary skiing?

best regards,
                        Gaston
                        Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                        X