Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Silver powder compact taken from Herman Goring Estate Carinhill 1945

Hi,

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, I didn't know where to put it.

I have a friend who does house clearances an he just got this powder compact and I bought it off him.

It is a little powder compact with mirror and a little lipstick holder in it.

It is deffinatly a quality piece as it is 900 silver and the engraving is of a high quality. It looks hand made and hand engraved.

The piece came with a small piece of paper inside saying "This box was taken from Herman gorings estate 'Carinhall' 1945".

There are hallmarks so if anybody could identify the maker that would be much appreciated.

My friend doesn't tamper with items so this is how he found it, so I don't know when the slip was added. The slip does look old but I don't know.

Has there been any silverware in the same style or with the same maker that has come from the Goring estate?

Many thanks,

Joe
    Attached Files

Next:
    Attached Files

Comment

Inside:
      Attached Files

Comment

Side:
        Attached Files

Comment

Hinge:
          Attached Files

Comment

Hallmarks:
            Attached Files

Comment

Yes, very interesting...one wonders whether it was used by Emmy or by Hermann himself?! Thanks for sharing, Joe!

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
                Yes, very interesting...one wonders whether it was used by Emmy or by Hermann himself?! Thanks for sharing, Joe!

Br. James
                Funny you should say that, I actually initially thought of Hermann more than Emmy.

The quality and age is certainly there, but I'd love to find something concrete.

I'm hoping to find other items from Carinhall with the same MM and engraving.

Thanks for the input :-)

Joe

Comment

Nice item, I think Goering fakes are commonly emblazoned with his crest, which this is not. This note is looking good. Perhaps even try and date the note, ie blacklight test it perhaps to see how long ago it was written?

Comment

Originally posted by robs View Post
                    Nice item, I think Goering fakes are commonly emblazoned with his crest, which this is not. This note is looking good. Perhaps even try and date the note, ie blacklight test it perhaps to see how long ago it was written?
                    Thank you!

On looking around today I have seen many faked items with crests, however vein he was meant to be I doubt everything he owned was embellished with his crest. I think that the quality, but understated with it gives it a lot of hope.

The note certainly has a lot of age to it, and is U.V negative which is a good indicator.

Many thanks for the input,

Joe

Comment

Another thing I like is Hermann is spelt wrong, just seems to add a bit more validity to it for me, adds a certain charm.

Having a read around its apparent Goring wore rouge and lipstick on occasions. Goes with my gut feeling when I first saw the piece :-)

Comment

The silversmith of Göring´s choice - and his only choice - was Prof. Zeitner.

And this surely is not a piece out of his skillful hands and studio.

Comment

I know he was his official silversmith, however I do find it hard to believe that every piece of silver he owned was made by Prof Zeitner.

As a "celeberaty" it wouldn't be unusual to receive gifts from people/organisations.

Also could be a gift from/to Carlin or Emmy ;-)

I appreciate your input and opinion, but I just can't personally dismiss it on maker alone.

Many thanks,

Joe

Comment

I like this piece also and reminds me of many notes put in war booty when brought back.

Comment

Originally posted by ErichS View Post
                              I like this piece also and reminds me of many notes put in war booty when brought back.
                              Thanks for the input!

I couldn't agree more, those kind of items used to turn up quite often. The sad thing is these kind of items are turning up much less often now.

It sounds a bit crazy but everything about the item just feels right.

Kind regards,

Joe

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X