Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a nice collection Felix. Pretty rare pieces and the best part of all we know exactly where this stuff came from.
    https://www.ww2treasures.com

Comment

I couldn't agree more, Mike! Wonderful artifacts!

Cheers,

Br. James

Comment

Thanks for the kind comments!

I also stumbled across this RK Reich Chancellery cake plate made by Wellner and Villeroy & Boch. I have not seen so many of these kind of cake plates as I remember it.

It has the eagle and RK and also maker marked Wellner on the border. Villeroy & Boch under. Its quite a piece and weighs a bit.

Cheers
        //Felix
        Attached Files

Comment

Very cool and historic examples! Thanks for sharing

Comment

I've not seen a cake/dessert stand with these markings before. I am surprised to see that the maker's mark on the bottom indicates that this piece was made for the export market, which is what "Made in Germany" indicates.

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
              I've not seen a cake/dessert stand with these markings before. I am surprised to see that the maker's mark on the bottom indicates that this piece was made for the export market, which is what "Made in Germany" indicates.

Br. James
              Good eye James and I’m not a fan of this cake server.

Comment

That is a correct observation regarding the Villeroy & Boch logo.
                It is the same logo as one sold on Brents Antiques some years ago if I remember correctly.
                Here is another one:
                http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=rk+cake+plate

Cheers
                //Felix

Comment

The 'Made in Germany' was an international convention--even books printed during the war would include 'Printed in Germany' more often than not.
                  Erich
                  Festina lente!

Comment

That's right, Erich. My point is that products produced for export carried that wording; products intended for domestic release did not/do not need that wording.

Br. James

Comment

Additional information about markings.

Cheers
                      //Felix
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hello again,

A lot I recently purchased. Would appreciate a heads up if anything doesn't look good as I know there are high-end fakes of this stuff now. I've never even seen the salt & pepper shakers before. With provenance.

Does anyone know exactly what the Vet is referring to when he says underground beer garden/cellar in Munich?

William Kramer
                        Attached Files
                        Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Felix View Post
                          That is a correct observation regarding the Villeroy & Boch logo.
                          It is the same logo as one sold on Brents Antiques some years ago if I remember correctly.
                          Here is another one:
                          http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=rk+cake+plate

Cheers
                          //Felix
                          Villeroy & Boch is an exception and one of very few where you can find an “ Export Mark “ utilized on a domestic offering, inclusive of official and commercial sales.

Comment

Hello William, I haven’t seen any high-end fakes. Your set is legit. The gentleman that auctioned it off approached me prior to putting them on the auction. Everything is good. Congrats on the new acquisition.
                            https://www.ww2treasures.com

Comment

Originally posted by Berghof View Post
                              Hello William, I haven’t seen any high-end fakes. Your set is legit. The gentleman that auctioned it off approached me prior to putting them on the auction. Everything is good. Congrats on the new acquisition.
                              The fakes are so bad its easy to tell. I have seen some jewelers cast silverware, however they always fail at adjusting for the shrink rate of silver and the gas traps are bad.

nice Score!

Comment

Originally posted by all1knew View Post
                                Hello again,

A lot I recently purchased. Would appreciate a heads up if anything doesn't look good as I know there are high-end fakes of this stuff now. I've never even seen the salt & pepper shakers before. With provenance.

Does anyone know exactly what the Vet is referring to when he says underground beer garden/cellar in Munich?

William Kramer
                                Wooow, what a nice find! Wasnt there stories of findings in the cellar of the Brown house? Or close?
                                Salt shakers are especially nice!

Cheers
                                //Felix

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 11 users online. 0 members and 11 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                                X