X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ed.Anderson,Jr. View Post
    Last but not least, marked "Wellner"
    Hi Anderson,

Interresting piece, for woth can you yous it.
    A nutcracker ?

Regards
    Fredy

Comment

Asparagus tongs

Regards,
      Ed. Anderson,Jr.
      The film "Idiocracy" was originally released as a comedy. Now it has been re-released as a documentary.

Sarcasm is just one of my many talents!

Comment

Oh an asparagus tongs.
        Now that you mention it you can see the asparagus head very well at the end of the handle .
        I have asparagus server i formally patterns.
        Very nice piece and certainly very rare.

MfG

Fredy

Comment

AH Coffee Service SHOW & TELL PICTURES

Here is a AH Coffee Pot and AH Creamer and Sugar I just picked up for my own collection some weeks ago .. I need the correct rectangular AH tray for this Coffee Service and I am sure sooner or later it will turn up . Anyway thought I would share the pictures ..

AH Coffee Pot marked "Wellner 170 cl. ( 39)

AH Sugar Bowl marked "Wellner" 75 cl. (22)

AH Creamer marked 'Wellner" 50 cl. (16)

All text book markings with roll stamped "AH Eagle "
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the clearer pix of the hallmarks, guys. The wine stopper's marking only includes the first two characters, which may or may not indicate Bruckmann. The relief eagle and swaz appears accurate to the Bruckmann Formal Pattern, but one would assume that the Greek Key border design would also have been incorporated into a Formal Pattern piece...perhaps circling the top edge?

Br. James

Comment

Breathtaking pieces all, Brent -- thanks for sharing them...and making me green(er) with envy!!

Br. James

Comment

Thank You ... Brent

Thank You .. Brent

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
                  Thanks for the clearer pix of the hallmarks, guys. The wine stopper's marking only includes the first two characters, which may or may not indicate Bruckmann. The relief eagle and swaz appears accurate to the Bruckmann Formal Pattern, but one would assume that the Greek Key border design would also have been incorporated into a Formal Pattern piece...perhaps circling the top edge?

Br. James
                  If you look at page 7 top of Dr. Mark Griffiths book vol. 2, on AH Memorabilia you will see the same style of wine cork without Grecian Key.

Regards,
                  Ed. Anderson,Jr.
                  The film "Idiocracy" was originally released as a comedy. Now it has been re-released as a documentary.

Sarcasm is just one of my many talents!

Comment

Is it just me or do you guys never get tired of seeing these fine pieces of history?

Comment

Originally posted by ErichS View Post
                      Is it just me or do you guys never get tired of seeing these fine pieces of history?
                      I'm with you Erich!

My books:

- THE WEHRPAß & SOLDBUCH OF THE WH
                      - THE SS TK RING
                      - THE ITALIAN-GERMAN MEDAL
                      - THE ANTI PARTISAN BADGE
                      - THE AWARDS OF THE LW

and more!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brent Smith View Post
                        Here is a AH Coffee Pot and AH Creamer and Sugar I just picked up for my own collection some weeks ago .. I need the correct rectangular AH tray for this Coffee Service and I am sure sooner or later it will turn up . Anyway thought I would share the pictures ..

AH Coffee Pot marked "Wellner 170 cl. ( 39)

AH Sugar Bowl marked "Wellner" 75 cl. (22)

AH Creamer marked 'Wellner" 50 cl. (16)

All text book markings with roll stamped "AH Eagle "

Hi Brent,

Could you make some pice from inside you coffi Pot?
                        Thx for Sharing you pic.

Fredy

Comment

"If you look at page 7 top of Dr. Mark Griffiths book vol. 2, on AH Memorabilia you will see the same style of wine cork without Grecian Key."

Many thanks, Ed! I have the "Revised" edition of the Griffith book, published in 1986, which "includes Volumes I & II;" this last edition has no pagination, which makes reference a bit more difficult, but the photo of the wine bottle stopper is shown there under the section on "Silverware."

My request was for a better photo of the hallmark in order to establish the maker; it was not intended to cast doubt on the originality of this piece. My comment on the absence of the Greek Key motif -- a standard feature on most of the pieces by Bruckmann known today as the AH Formal Pattern bearing that particular eagle and lettering in relief -- was just a thought on my part! I do like the elegance of the Greek Key border design, even though my preference has long been for the Informal Pattern. Thanks again, my friend.

Br. James

Comment

AH Boxer Shorts

There is a photo of AH boxer shorts in the Griffith book and I am wondering if this could be considered the formal or informal pattern?

Comment

Those are, without a doubt, the Formal Pattern! The Informal AH Pattern was always y-fronts, also known in the hobby as "AH Tighty-Whities!!"

Br. James

Comment

Hi guys, just got this one about 2 weeks ago. It is my first AH silverware piece, I believe it is a (correct me if I'm wrong) dessert fork (14.5cm).
                                I think I caught a bug by buying this one... I might be addicted!

Last edited by rebeldevil89; 09-05-2013, 06:18 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 28 users online. 0 members and 28 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                                X