This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by colin mcilroy View Post
    Hi looking for opinions on the attached AH formal pattern items.. do they look legitimate??
    Don't look correct to me.

Comment

"I have a question in regards to the informal pattern and this may have been asked before and sorry if it has but are there any other known locations where the Informal pattern has been found other than Munich ?"

Hi SonnyT, and WELCOME AMONG US! In response to your question, yes, examples of the AH Informal Silverware Pattern have been found at locations other than in Munich. If you do a search on this thread you will probably find further information on your question.

Again, welcome among us...it's good to have you here. Stay well!!

Br. James

Comment

"Hi looking for opinions on the attached AH formal pattern items.. do they look legitimate??"

Hi Colin,

I will admit that the pieces you show make me uncomfortable...but I am not quite ready to count them out completely. The key will be the maker's markings on each piece. Can you provide photos/information about the marks these pieces bear?

Many thanks,

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
          "I have a question in regards to the informal pattern and this may have been asked before and sorry if it has but are there any other known locations where the Informal pattern has been found other than Munich ?"

Hi SonnyT, and WELCOME AMONG US! In response to your question, yes, examples of the AH Informal Silverware Pattern have been found at locations other than in Munich. If you do a search on this thread you will probably find further information on your question.

Again, welcome among us...it's good to have you here. Stay well!!

Br. James
          Thank You James I've read some of Yannes Books Always interested in looking for new material on this subject. I enjoy reading your Informative posts attached is a pic of my Informal pieces. Always looking to ad to collection

20200616_163350.jpg

Comment

Looks like you've done quite well with the AH Informal Pattern...it's my favorite, too!

Stay safe, and again, welcome among us.

Br. James

Comment

Thanks James , Also I want to thank the other knowledgeable Gentlemen on this page. I had an informal piece , and I was going to buy some Formal pieces because I thought I was collecting the wrong style and also the "hype and attraction" but reading these and previous posts on this page going back to 2002 help me cement my decision on the rarity and use of the Informal. I actually got more Info from this page than the Yannes book
              I've been doing a piece at a time.
              Sonny

Comment

Here is a curious piece I picked up recently – more as something to study and learn from than put in my collection.

At first glance, it appears to be a 'cut off' AH monogram from a bed sheet...but look closer and the quality of known originals just isn't quite there.

The fake AH linen monograms I've seen in the past are very poor quality and easy to spot. But this one is quite different – and sets the alarm bells ringing. It's also stitched into old fabric.

What do you guys think? Is this a new breed of super-fake? A real one that didn't make the grade and was kept as a keepsake by the seamstress? What?

One final comment: it seems to glow under a black light, which suggests it's post-war, BUT old fabric washed with modern detergents will, I think, do that...so that's not definitive.

Chris

Comment

Here are a couple more pics of an authentic monogram for comparison, from an informal tablecloth.

Hitler-Tablecloth-4.jpg

Hitler-Tablecloth-5.jpg
                  Hitler-Tablecloth-6.jpg
                  https://www.ww2treasures.com

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X