Mid Term Collection Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Mil,
    Thank-you for your opinion on the Nuremberg Eagle concerning it being a possible reproduction. Rest-assured though that it is 100% original. I have taken it off the base and the mounting hardware is identical to the originals. This eagle is the smaller solid white metal version with the bronze plating and matches the size, weight and construction of known originals of this type completely. Yes, these Nuremberg style Eagles are reproduced often and I have seen a lot of fakes in my time but this is one of the real ones. I am happy to show more photos of it with photos of some other originals to compare but I would prefer to start a new post to do this in rather than hijack Jon Fish's Mid Term Collection Report thread.
    Best Regards,
    Michael

Comment

Originally posted by mloppkit View Post
      Jon Fish,
      Even though I only really collect Desk & Wall Eagles, I couldn't resist snapping up these two items recently as I love Heimwehr Danzig items and I show the 2nd pattern BO as it is in quite good condition and came straight off a tunic that had been completely eaten by moths yet had left the awards untouched,
      Best Regards,
      Michael

A very nice and original Blood order- late second pattern finish wise.

Comment

Really nice finds!
        Here is the result of my first half year...
        Attached Files

Comment

Fantastic Sven, the BannFahne is the prize of that lot. Very rare and not often seen.

Comment

fantastic Hohenlohe

Comment

Some really great items gathered in the first half of 2012, good going guys.Anyone else?........

Comment

A bit late to the party, but here is my contribution. I gathered some nice things this year so far, but my favorites are in this picture. I collect among other things political awards. It should be mentioned that i got some of my most favorite items this year with the help of (and from) fellow WAF members. Collecting is in the first place fun and im very grateful for this place and it's members who are always willing to help out with information or pm's. You know who you are and might even recognize a few things here, thank you so much! Everyone happy collecting for the second half of the year!

Best regards,
                Gaston
                Attached Files
                Last edited by jabnus; 07-25-2012, 06:55 AM.

Comment

I see the years is great looking at the things posted here

My search for 2012 so far there are more small things but these i like the most. A picture of the mother cross award ceremony,a miniature pinback gold,a half size mini in bronze and gold,a rare variant spange,bronze ccc and the last a mint gab
                  Attached Files

Comment

What has been added to my collection this year pails in comparison to all the previous posts, as it is just small items gifted to me from a forum member!

Kriegsmarine Items :
                    Cap Tally
                    Motorcourse cloth badge
                    torpedo mechanic cloth badge
                    Clerk cloth badge

Heer :
                    Infantry signals blitz
                    NCO Artillery signals blitz
                    NCO transport patch

aswell as a salty Krim Shield and a Gold grade Driver qualification badge missing a stem and both rear pins.

Comment

Political as well as SS. 1936 Nuremberg RPT Allach bowl with lid.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Military View Post

I believe the second nuremberg desk eagle may possibly be a reproduction. I have since PM-ed Michael.

Mil
                        I am sure he is VERY impressed with your opinions, as are the rest of us on this forum.

Sometimes I wonder where we would be if not for your very extensive experience guiding us thru this treacherous hobby.

After all, you do have over 5000 posts, so you must know what youre talking about!

Thank you, Military, for your guidance and wisdom, you make the collecting world sleep better with the experience you share from your multi-month collecting career.
                        (how is the work coming along on the book you're authoring, the one to "give back to the community" and guide them on the ins and outs of collecting eagles?)

Michael, your piece unfortunately does not pass the "Military" test, he has deemed it a reproduction. I am sure you are devastated, but our wise and distinguished colleague has spoken.

Oh, and he has PM'd you.

Comment

Hello TxGauleiter,
                          As a result of posting this eagle for review, I have received some very helpful information from another WAF member (regarding the construction and base mounting method) and this information along with Kris's (Vids) valued opinion has left me comfortable with this eagles authenticity. The fellow WAF member in question was kind enough to disasemble his own Nuremberg eagle and send me photographs showing the distinctive mounting hardware characteristics that only period authentic eagles of this style possess.
                          I have since forwarded this information and these photographs on to Mil and I am confident that he no longer deems this eagle a reproduction.
                          Many thanks to the very modest (he wishes to remain anonymous) and kind WAF member for the invaluable information provided and to all that responded to the thread started by this eagle.
                          Best Regards,
                          Michael

Comment

Yes, I am confident its not a reproduction either... I was being quite sarcastic.

The point is, is that we have yet another example of this person, "Military" speaking in some authoritative tone about a subject he knows nothing about. This person is not an expert on anything, yet we have 5000+ polluted posts across the forum of this same kind of loose, reckless advice. And there are novices out there who likely believe that this person knows what theyre talking about and are making decisions based on this advice. There are examples after examples of this person chiming in with his worthless opinions and its quite annoying to a lot of people.

Nobody here needs to seek "Military's" approval for anything. He is very bad for the forum.

Comment

2012 pickup

HI guys,

Some very nice items!!!
                              really great stuff.

here's my greatest addition to the collection.
                              some wonderfull ultra rare pieces of personal H Himmler porzelan given by the reichsführer to Gottlob Berger!

Koen
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jabnus View Post
                                A bit late to the party, but here is my contribution. I gathered some nice things this year so far, but my favorites are in this picture. I collect among other things political awards. It should be mentioned that i got some of my most favorite items this year with the help of (and from) fellow WAF members. Collecting is in the first place fun and im very grateful for this place and it's members who are always willing to help out with information or pm's. You know who you are and might even recognize a few things here, thank you so much! Everyone happy collecting for the second half of the year!

Best regards,
                                Gaston
                                Great going Gaston, good looking blutorden and ribbon

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                                X