Mid Term Collection Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mid Term Collection Report

Guys I thought it would be good for us to take a look at what each other has managed to pick up so far in 2012 , as we are half way through already!
    As you imagine I have taken mostly Blood Orders and related items but did pick probably one of the best GPB out there, belonged to Fritz Sauckel.
    This year I have bought from Germany,Austria,Switzerland,UK and USA. There has been some terrific stuff coming to market and I'm happy with what I have gotten. Here are 3 Blood Orders. One first pattern and two second patterns , one second pattern is very worn but was a good deal so in it comes. as everyone I needed to sell one or two pieces to fund some more. You can also see I was lucky,very lucky, to get a nice 1st pattern Blutorden Urkunde.
    Lets see below your mid term reports guys........
    Attached Files

Jon,

You have had a fantasic first two quarters of 2012!

I have only added a few bits and pieces this year and I am happy that the treasures pictured have found their way into a collection and with a collector that truly appreciates their history. Best, Erich

Comment

A fabulous first half to 2012, Jon! I'm sure we're all green with envy, but as Erich rightly said, "...I am happy that the treasures pictured have found their way into a collection and with a collector that truly appreciates their history." That goes double from me!

Br. James

Comment

Very nice Mr Fish.

I try to buy one piece, sometimes cheap-sometimes more expensive, each month. Can't hold it any longer. I'm an addict

Regards, Wim

Freedom is not for Free
        Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Can't hold it any longer. I'm an addict

Regards, Wim

Me Too ! Lets see what you got then Wim

Comment

Very nice. I like seeing focused collections like this. It takes time, patience and dedication. Sometimes you have to search for a long time before finding something to add but the end result is worth it. Thanks for showing.

Comment

My best acquisition to date this year.
              Attached Files

Comment

This is probably my best "mid term" item. A set of HJ straps for Lehrerbildungsanstalt. These were converted to L.B.A. straps from a set of Striefendienst straps for Bann 257 Alfeld, Gebeit Nord/Niedersachsen. Interestingly the first L.B.A. Schule opened in 1942 in Alfeld, near Hannover. According to period documents, the straps were to reflect the Bann number that the Stamm attending the Schule was subordinate to. In his book "Handbook of the Hitlerjugend" Saris states that this type of strap was probably converted in anticipation of RZM specified straps being introduced. It is unclear if L.B.A. straps were officially produced or not, but period photos show this handmade style in wear by students.

I also added this early shoulder strap, lanyard and triangle for Gau Baden, used prior to 1933. Allegedly worn together by an HJ member, but who knows for sure, buy the items not the story, etc. It's sort of a toss up which I like better, but was happy to be able to secure these really difficult to find HJ items.

The second half of the year is already looking great, as I have some very rare straps on a "lay away" type plan with a friend who is changing his collecting focus. Now to just pay the piper and cough up the bucks and risk FedEx shipping them to me to from Europe.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Fish View Post
                  Can't hold it any longer. I'm an addict

Regards, Wim

Me Too ! Lets see what you got then Wim
                  Can't post pictures here. but anyway I got untill now the following pieces:

Allach Puppy - Porselain teller - 3 FM magazines - FM abzeichen - Party badge- and a HJ Honor Award.

Regards, Wim

Freedom is not for Free
                  Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Not much so far for me...except this.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340562943.986666.jpg
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by SiPo; 06-24-2012, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Jon Fish,
                      As usual I am again in awe of your "finds" and passionately agree with Br.James & Erich when they say that they are "happy that the treasures pictured have found their way into a collection and with a collector that truly appreciates their history". I haven't found much yet this year but as I feel that nothing 'says NSDAP' like a Nuremburg Reichs-Adler, I show the couple I have managed to find,
                      Best Regards,
                      Michael
                      Attached Files

Comment

Jon Fish,
                        Even though I only really collect Desk & Wall Eagles, I couldn't resist snapping up these two items recently as I love Heimwehr Danzig items and I show the 2nd pattern BO as it is in quite good condition and came straight off a tunic that had been completely eaten by moths yet had left the awards untouched,
                        Best Regards,
                        Michael
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mloppkit View Post
                          Jon Fish,
                          Even though I only really collect Desk & Wall Eagles, I couldn't resist snapping up these two items recently as I love Heimwehr Danzig items and I show the 2nd pattern BO as it is in quite good condition and came straight off a tunic that had been completely eaten by moths yet had left the awards untouched,
                          Best Regards,
                          Michael

Nice textbook 2nd pattern , I would love to see the tunic,do you have any photos? what other medals came with it?
                          Great items guys, thanks for chipping in !
                          Jon

Comment

Originally posted by mloppkit View Post
                            Jon Fish,
                            Best Regards,
                            Michael
                            I agree with Jon, a very nice 2nd pattern BO and a great pair of Nurnberg eagles

Comment

Erich,

I believe the second nuremberg desk eagle may possibly be a reproduction. I have since PM-ed Michael.

Mil

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X