Silver Political Buckle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Silver Political Buckle

Hello I have seen several 60mm silver NSDAP buckles over the years but only recently I add a 52mm silver brocade belt size buckle to my collection. In Jeff Clarks book on NSDAP Uniforms he shows several Uniforms from the NS Schools with silver buttons. It seems logical these silver buckles may be related to these School. Does anyone know there was a silver NSDAP pattern brocade? Thanks Kirby
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

I don't have Jeff's book at hand right now, but are the photos of post 1939 insignia uniforms or pre-1939 insignia uniforms? Pre=1939 uniform insignia used button/buckle colors along with collar insignia to denote different rank levels. I was under the impression from the org books that post-1939 uniform design incorporated a uniform gold buckle. I have only seen the yellow bullion brocade belts with brown underlay. Perhaps Jeff will add his knowledge to this question.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I thought someone on the Political forum might have an idea about these, no one on the buckle forum has any ideas about these silver buckles.

Comment

I have not ever found any evidence for these silver PL buckles. According regulations from 1939 all had to be gold, as all for these new uniforms was to be in gold. This is specifically mentioned in the regulations. It was said "silver was to be replaced".

It is my opinion various manufacturers could have made a mistake as they were used to manufacturer in silver and gold for the political leaders until 1939. I have heard all kinds of opinions on this, but no person ever was able to state the use of silver after summer 1939!!

Comment

Hello Looking foreward to getting your new book. Thanks for the additional info. Kirby

Comment

I agree with Mr. Saris, post 39 only gilt was authorized.
              Is it possible the finish has worn off yours or that it was never applied?
              https://www.nsdapuniforms.com

Comment

Originally posted by wilhelm Saris View Post
                I have not ever found any evidence for these silver PL buckles. According regulations from 1939 all had to be gold, as all for these new uniforms was to be in gold. This is specifically mentioned in the regulations. It was said "silver was to be replaced".

It is my opinion various manufacturers could have made a mistake as they were used to manufacturer in silver and gold for the political leaders until 1939. I have heard all kinds of opinions on this, but no person ever was able to state the use of silver after summer 1939!!
                Agree too.

IMO this PL M39 "silver" buckles could be "unfinished" items...
                "Perhaps" post 45 finished with silver to sold them as GI souvenir...
                To make it short... Don't believe in this silver PL buckles
                Straßburger / When in doubt do without...
                - Looking for : SS TK «Oberbayern» flatwire CT.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X