Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

identify SS Obersturmbannführer with blood order

Hi,

does one know this man? He signed it, but I cant read the signature any more.

Thanks for help!
    Attached Files

That is the later SS-Oberf. and DKiG holder Martin Kohlroser.

~ Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Miller View Post
      That is the later SS-Oberf. and DKiG holder Martin Kohlroser.

~ Mike
      thanks, Mike

Comment

A great match-up, Mike! Kohlroser was an interesting character: he was one of the youngest people to participate in the 1923 Putsch -- just 18 years old -- and he did so as a member of SA-Regiment München. This won him a First Issue Blood Order -- #652. But as did many at the time, Kohlroser did not bother to join the NSDAP until the very early 1930s -- he held Party Membership #371577 and was therefore not eligible for the Golden Party Badge -- at probably about the same time he transferred over to the SS; his SS number was 3149.

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
          A great match-up, Mike! Kohlroser was an interesting character: he was one of the youngest people to participate in the 1923 Putsch -- just 18 years old -- and he did so as a member of SA-Regiment München. This won him a First Issue Blood Order -- #652. But as did many at the time, Kohlroser did not bother to join the NSDAP until the very early 1930s -- he held Party Membership #371577 and was therefore not eligible for the Golden Party Badge -- at probably about the same time he transferred over to the SS; his SS number was 3149.

Br. James
          Interesting, my BO # 626 is not too far off. The recipient of my medal was also with SA Munich which is further evidence that BOs were numbered in batches as orders for the medal were received.

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post

Br. James
            He joined the party late, but he took part of the Putsch in 1923!!!

Comment

Sorry for joining in late. This used to be Königstiger's picture, and he has been ID'ed as Kohlroser before.

Comment

no, this is my photo.

Comment

Originally posted by m-e-h-t View Post
                  no, this is my photo.
                  Understood.
                  Attached Files

Comment

items are moving between collections sometimes

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X