No announcement yet.

NSKK Combat Tunic from VIII Corps Veteran

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Further to my earlier comment I believe that outside of the Reich during the war (NSKK on deployment, which most men were) ditched the swastika armband wearing practice and wore the eagle on the left sleeve (armband side) and inside the Reich (as this school tunic would have been worn) they might have ket the eagle on the right sleeve and continued wearing the Swaz armband with the eagle on the right sleeve

Comment

Badge

So, I should change the ribbon to fit above the other pocket with the loops? And the crossed swords should be applied onto the ribbon?

What is the logical badge to go on the pocket with the loops?

Comment

Originally posted by Rob G. View Post
        So, I should change the ribbon to fit above the other pocket with the loops? And the crossed swords should be applied onto the ribbon?

Yes to your first question and on pocket maybe a wound badge or a KvK1 medal (=war merit cross 1st class) or a sports badge...
        Definately not a regular armed forces combat badge!

Comment

The NSKK sleeve eagle was worn on the left sleeve only on uniforms worn outside of Germany. The armband was still worn by units inside Germany as one would expect from a Gruppe Motorschule member.
          Nice tunic. I note the ribbon bar has been pinned over the incorrect pocket. Likely done by the vet at some point. Nice tunic!
          Apologies to Nick G. I missed your post which said bsaically the same as I did in this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob G. View Post

I would definitely move the ribbon bar back where it belonged over the other pocket. I wouldn't add the swords to the ribbon bar as there is no hole in the center of the KVK ribbon. Logically that's the only place for them to go, but I'd leave them where they are. I would put an SA sportsbadge rather than a KVK on the pocket loops.
            That said, it's great to see a tunic like this that hasn't been played with, straight from the veteran.
            Erich
            Festina lente!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
            X