Clear All

From a SA or NSDAP Flag ?

What is this ?? NSDAP Or SA Flag ?
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Nsdap

Comment

NSDAP - and i hope a good one ? How much a these ??

Comment

yes... looks good to me.

about 800 dollars on average.

Comment

wing out eagle use ???

Originally posted by Schuasta View Post
            What is this ?? NSDAP Or SA Flag ?
            Hello Schuasta:
            Nice, IMO original 2nd pattern NSDAP leadership
            unit flag pole top eagle. RZM "M3/40/37" is listed online
            as Cosan Brothers, 1937, or per WAF thread t=28590
            Gebrüder Cosak, in Neheim, but again year was 1937.
            OFW

(below) Interesting to note that the earlier 1st pattern wing out eagle
            was also used on other organizational unit flags (SA/NSKK?), but not
            aware if this extended to the thicker 2nd pattern eagle shown above.
            OFW
            Attached Files
            Last edited by oldflagswanted; 03-30-2012, 11:35 AM.
            sigpic
            .......^^^ .................... some of my collection ...................... ^^^...

Comment

Hi,
              many thanks for this information !!!!

Comment

Yes, a beautiful example of the NSDAP pole top! I too have wondered about pole tops for the SA and related political organizations looked like? It makes sense, of course, if they used the NSDAP design...?

Br. James

Comment

VERY nice !!!

Comment

Nice bird. No holes in the cylindrical part to srew it to the pole ?

Comment

You have excellent eyes, Andreas! I have an example of this pole top from the same maker, though mine was made in 1943, and the screw hole is on the left side of the pole sleeve as you face the breast of the bird. This hole can't be seen directly from either the obverse or the reverse; you have to view the piece from the side to see the mounting hole.

Br. James

Comment

Further to my note of a few moments ago, my example actually has TWO mounting screw holes in the sleeve, one along each side and each at different levels in order to firmly secure the pole top. Also, comparing my piece to Schuasta's example -- and this may be due to the flash or photographic technique -- the oak leaves on my example are in relief as regards the veins, whereas the leaf veins on Schuasta's piece appear to be etched or carved into the metal casting. I suppose Gebrüder Cosak could have revised their mold for this object over the years...?

Br. James

Comment

very nice topper ! i have a 39 model of that bird ,2 mounting holes on the side (1 about middle ways ,the other twards the bottom), in my opinion (hope i don't offend anyone) , think this maker made some of the most "detailed" second pattern nsdap toppers .the casting was 1st class ....

Comment

Really nice !! I also have one but was more used. I love it !

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X