Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H. Himmler gift.....

Hello,

here with à nice item; given by himmler to Fritz Kiehr (hope I read well!)

one side:

"Der Sieg mach euch bescheiden. Die Niederlage verbissen! Ob Sieg oder Unsieg.
    Seid immer ritterliche SS Manner" 25.7.1937. H.Himmler.

other side:

"Dem Förderer der SS Hauptreitschule Präsident Fritz Kiehr"

Bottom with silver stamps "835"

Was given; in my mind; the day of opening of the SS Hauptreitschule in Munchen the 25 july 1937.

www.alsacedirectmilitaria.com

sigpic

Unsieg is not a German word.

Comment

But other people have used it like in this link. http://archivesofkhazad-dum.blogspot...010/08/96.html

Comment

The inscription looks new and ascribed into the base metal finish...

Comment

It is a very old German word, it would fit very well into Wagner´s work...

Regards,

Daniel

Comment

I like it - just the shape of the cup alone is exactly what I expect from an original one.

Comment

Yes, a beautiful piece. Does anyone recognize the maker mark -- it indicates an old silverware firm which came into existence during the Kaiser Reich, and that may mean that the inscription was mounted onto an antique silver goblet...or it may simply mean that the firm was still in business in the 20th century. Again, a beautiful piece.

Br. James

Comment

Maker is Jakob Grimminger in Schwabeh Gmund founded in 1895.
                Regards, Ed. ..
                Ed. Anderson,Jr.
                The film "Idiocracy" was originally released as a comedy. Now it has been re-released as a documentary.

Sarcasm is just one of my many talents!

Comment

Hello Guys,

thank you for your help!
                  www.alsacedirectmilitaria.com

sigpic

Comment

Here is more food:

http://www.art-deco-muenchen.de/hall...grimminger.htm

Comment

i have a silver cup that was given to hitlers doctor by himmler in 1935.it would be interesting to see more of these gifts by the reichsfuhrer

Comment

This is one of the Patentgeschenk given by Himmler. This one presented in 1938 to the son of one of his generals. The marking on the bottom is only the half-moon/crown and silver content. No maker's mark.

Here is a thread to a discussion of some of these in the SS Forum.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...up#post4173260

Comment

thanks for that joe.my cup is the same as yours but has the makers mark wtb on the bottom.

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B.
                            I would be surprised if the last shown cup is real.
                            why would you be surprised???

Comment

I remember very well that one pair of silver cups with the exact same outward appearance (shape) were auctioned a few years ago by Andreas Thies, supposedly given as a personal gift of Himmler due to the marriage of an SS-Gruppenführer or SS-Obergruppenführer, can check the details via a look into that catalogue at some point.

They were sold for good money and as I already thought by looking at the pics they turned out to be fakes - and it took quite some time and efforts of the "lucky" buyer to make Thies taking them back which he finally had to and did.

Apart from the untypical shape of the shown piece I have yet to see any of Himmers personal gifts bearing that kind of snobbish signature of him.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X