Strange HJ Drum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange HJ Drum

I bought this drum at a flea market about 20 years ago. Lots of oddities here. The paint and metal fittings look very old and, at first, it looks authentic, but then, nothing seems to make sense here. The workmanship is excellent and seems very much of the style and period. However, the colors are more DJ than HJ, even though the style is HJ. Bann 21 was in Berlin, not Sud Schwaben, and the size of the drum: 16 inches in diameter, 12 inches high is not typical. It is either too tall or not tall enough!

A mystery. Why would anyone do all this work? Was it just a fantasy? ...a movie or stage prop? ....an attempt to fool a collector? I wonder.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Jerry
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

looks like its been re-painted to me, and they made a huge mistake when they put bann 21 and sud schwaben as throughout the time of the hj bann 21 was berlin as you know.

possibly a film prop but not genuine for me

Comment

Drum

I don't know the origin of the drum itself, but some A-hole ruined a nice muscial artifact with this pathetically ugly repaint.

Comment

Pure post war fantasy IMO, the paint definatly so, the drum could have originally been pre, period or post war for many different organizations or civil band. Regards, Johnno.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                    X