Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help identifying?

Hello all,
    I have a couple of items here that I'd like to get some opinions and information on if possible. The first one is a medallion, from what I can gather given for service in the fisheries. I had the exact translation at one point but the word erhahrung does not translate for me. Does anyone have any idea exactly why these were awarded, did they come in different grades etc? Rough value if anyone has an idea would be nice too. Not to sell, just for my own info. The second item is a little badge(?) with what looks like a guy on skis wearing some sort of a costume or something and the letters ULLR. On the other side is an enamelled eagle with what looks like the word "Hochsolden 2070M. I'm sure I have seen the lettering ULLR before but can't remember what the letters stand for. I also believe that there was a loop or something on top of this little item that has broken off. Any help or info is appreciated.
    thanks
    Duzig(Bill)
    Attached Files

second item
    thx,
    Bill
    Attached Files

Comment

ernährung means Feeding

I can't comment on the other medall

Comment

The 1st "Table medal" could be for fishing or "Fishing Industry", Canneries, etc.-I believe

The 2nd "medal" is from The Tirol area (N. Italy/Austria boarder) and appears to be some sort of Ski medal for a competetion or event....."ULLR" is a regional mystical/mythical "Skiing/Mountaineering God" a "Good Luck" symbol for Mountian & Ski types.... alot of WW2 German/Austrian Mt. Troops carried fobs or medals with good old "ULLR" emblazzened on for good luck....

John G.

Comment

1)

This may help you:

https://www.history-shop.de/archiv/a...E_UM_5523.html

Gerdan

Comment

Hello,
            Kurt, John and Gerdan I thank you all for your reply's. Kurt thanks for that translation of ernahrung, that is the only word that did not come up for me. John, thanks for that info about the ULLR, I thought it was an actual organization or something. Gerdan thanks for that link. I knew I had seen this same medallion as mine but in silver on a site somewhere & I believe the link you gave is to that same sight. Thanks again to all of you for your help.
            Duzig(Bill)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
            X