Warning: session_start(): open(/var/cpanel/php/sessions/ea-php74/sess_e494a1780d68cc05ba19add1c329be400486f6dd15182b44, O_RDWR) failed: No space left on device (28) in /home/devwehrmacht/public_html/forums/includes/vb5/frontend/controller/page.php on line 71 Warning: session_start(): Failed to read session data: files (path: /var/cpanel/php/sessions/ea-php74) in /home/devwehrmacht/public_html/forums/includes/vb5/frontend/controller/page.php on line 71 Question on 1933 insignia - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
Emedals - Medalbook

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question on 1933 insignia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question on 1933 insignia

Quick question for all you Political gurus out there (as I am fast becoming one). Where might I find information pertaining to the ranks in 1933/34? I'm especially looking for the ranks denoted by the knot placement on the shoulder straps. Colour/black and white plates/images would be great. Anyone out there know?

Cheers!

Hey Mike,

If I may be so bold (and I usually am!), what you need is a copy of Jeff Clark's tome on the subject, entitled "Uniforms of the NSDAP,' published by Schiffer in 2007. I can't think of anything that he's not addressed in that book; in fact, he provides a color photocopy of a PL chart including collar tabs, caps and shoulder straps, circa 1933 -- just what you're looking for.

Best of luck,

Br. James

Comment

LOL! I guess I'd better take another look through.....must have missed it!
      Thanks

Comment

Check out pages 10-11.

Happy hunting,

Br. James

Comment

More questions....lol. In "Headgear of Hitler's Germany" Vol. 3 there are several tables of organization for NSDAP officials in the 30's pertaining to insignia wear/cap chords.
          The information presented in Jeff Clark's book would suggest that these are for the position of Amtswalter. So, as in the Saris book where there's also a section for Stabswalter der PO. (And Two at Reichs level) In this category Staff Officials and Department Chiefs at Gau level are stated to wear chords like that of Ortsgruppenleiter or Kreisleiter......would their shoulder straps/collar tabs be the same? Silver on a red backing? Or did I misread something?
          Cheers!

Comment

I would have to agree with Mike that Saris' book "Headgear of Hitler's Germany" would be your recommended guide.

Mil

Comment

But what I'm trying to establish is whether or not the other tables of organization listed would have worn insignia to match.....for example. A Gau Staff Official from the Stabswalter der PO would be dressed as per Kreisleiter. So, cap cords is silver with two knots, red collar tabs with silver litzen, and red shoulder boards with silver braid and two knots?
              Hopefully someone here would know

Comment

Anyone know?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X