X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schellenbaum Eagle

Nice Schellenbaum eagle. SS or Police?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Craig Gottlieb; 03-30-2011, 12:23 PM.

Style also used by Heer and other Political Organizations.
    Regards, Ed.
    Ed. Anderson,Jr.
    The film "Idiocracy" was originally released as a comedy. Now it has been re-released as a documentary.

Sarcasm is just one of my many talents!

Comment

Ed: Agreed. Were the Army tops a certain size? I had measured this one against the data I found for the Army top, and this one was smaller.

Comment

What is the size of this one and the information you have.
        Regards, Ed. ...
        Ed. Anderson,Jr.
        The film "Idiocracy" was originally released as a comedy. Now it has been re-released as a documentary.

Comment

In my opinion, it is an Army poletop.

Comment

Thanks to Erich Benndorff for this info:

The Army and KM Schellenbaum eagles' wingspans were 55cm, height 18cm, and wreath diameter of 13.5cm. Wingspan on a Schellenbaum eagle would be then, about 21.5 inches.

This eagle is about 17 to 18 inches from wing to wing. This is why I thought "Political" (SS perhaps) Schellenbaum eagle. Of course, it could also be an Army Glockenspiel/Lyra eagle?

Comment

With that size I would say Glockenspiel. Regards, Ed. ..
              Ed. Anderson,Jr.

Comment

That is the feedback I got, and I would tend to agree. I was going to buy it, but things didn't work out.

Comment

Although there are always variations, most police schellenbaums were topped with eagles without swazes. I think the same with SS. Althought that one at the SOS in 2010 had a peculiar sideways facing eagle on swaz in wreath.

Comment

Interesting. This piece is still out there for someone who wants it. The price kept fluctuating significantly, so I am not sure what the price is currently. Independent of cost, it's quite a lovely bird.

Comment

Glockenspiel top.

Hi Craig.
                      Is the eagle in alumineum or silver? If you look near the screw there are some marks......the first is C.E.Junker Berlin (with some numbers) that made these eagles for Heer M.C., but......if is for SS Music Corp the eagle is in silver and have an other mark "FHW" The Adolf Hitler's silver jeweller's monogram for Hermann Wandinger, Munich. The price change!!!!!!
                      Bye bye! Gian.

Comment

I'm not sure because I was never able to purchase it. Sorry about that!

Comment

Glockenspiel top.

I like it......how many $ they want to buy it.??
                          I want it to join on top the cradle of my baby!!!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X