NSDAP medal at e-stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NSDAP medal at e-stand

To me it looks a bit strange. Any other opinions?
    Attached Files

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=474404

Comment

Looks ok to me. What are your concerns?

Comment

Hmmm. If it is maked "30" in the ring, That means it is a Souval product.
        M11/30 = Rudolf Souval. I don't know the characteristics from each war time maker. Did Souval made them during the period? And if so, how do they have to look like?

Regards, Wim
        Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Originally posted by Theo Cuypers View Post
          Hmmm. If it is maked "30" in the ring, That means it is a Souval product.
          M11/30 = Rudolf Souval. I don't know the characteristics from each war time maker. Did Souval made them during the period? And if so, how do they have to look like?

Regards, Wim
          Good catch Wim, I didn't notice that and that's a good question.

Comment

My concerns are:
            -half head missing
            -2 small circles on the back
            -bad details on the right wing

Comment

Originally posted by germanmedals View Post
              My concerns are:
              -half head missing
              -2 small circles on the back
              -bad details on the right wing
              Haven't seen a Souval piece yet, so nothing to compare to. Many details I like, but the 2 circular impressions in the reverse wreath certainly seem odd.

Comment

Originally posted by der-hase-fee View Post
                Haven't seen a Souval piece yet, so nothing to compare to. Many details I like, but the 2 circular impressions in the reverse wreath certainly seem odd.
                I still think it's ok. JMO.

Comment

The quality level seems very low when compared to others I have seen, including my own. I would not like this in my collection, just my opinion.

Comment

Extreme close-ups can mislead in judging a badge that is known for its not so fine detail but the two reverse dots are indeed weird and I cant think of any wear that create such horrible corners?

Honest? : not for my collection. Thanks for the extra pictures but also a sorry to the seller that it turnt out as a "burned" piece.

Regards, Wim
                    Freedom is not for Free

Comment

I have no problems with this one. Its a fine original.

Hansi

Comment

This medal came from a older woman that was given to her by a WWII Vet. She had it on a neckless chain for several years. I can't believe that Souvel reproduced this medal. Has anybody seen another that was reproduced by him? I believe it is an original medal.

CHUCK

Comment

This looks like a fine Original. Well worn and a little abused, but i dont see anything that should not be there. The "circles" or hole on the reverse could be due to a number of things die related, water/oil/dust/Dirt on the die etc.. as can be found with many coins that show a small mistake of the same nature.

I would be happy to own it. I do not believe that Souval made them during the war. After the war, Souval made anything and EVERYTHING, but proven by Souvals own words in a letter from 1996 they did NOT mark all of their post war items with the Souval name. So who knows exactly what Souval reproduced after the war.. my guess is absolutely everything .

Comment

I have a Rudolf Souval Sales Listing from May 1985 & yes, they did make a repro of it, it is their item #8/12 in their catalog, priced then @ 620 Ös & / or 88.60DM. I have seen dozens of these repros, here in the States, & also at their facility in Vienna in 1972,- ALL of their reproduction NSDAP Crosses had the ring stamped L/58. None of their postwar NSDAP Crosses had a ring marked "30". In their postwar production they would not use any other ring numbers other than the L/58, even tho asked by buyers to supply medals with all kinds of maker numbers, & I have a 1971 letter from them attesting to this , it says that 'they are sick & tired of customers asking for special maker-stampings / jump-rings, & that they simply cannot fulfill individual wishes as to maker-stamps.' I think the posted Cross is an original, it's had a few dings here & there but still original. I can tell you it's not a Rudolf Souval postwar cross, the wording on the back of these repros was 'big & fat' (letters way too thick), always a dead giveaway. Josef is correct, they made just about everything, & then some,- I just counted 413 items in their old sales listing.

Comment

The LDO number is not the same as the RZM number for things like NSDAP party badges, etc. I'd say the "30" was for the Vienna Hauptmünzamt, not Rudolf Souval. RZM M1/30, according to my RZM lists, was for Robert Metzger of Pforzheim. RZM M1/130 was for Grossmann & Co., Vienna.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X