Hitler's uniforms enquiry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hitler's uniforms enquiry

Here's a pic of (I'm into 1/6 also) a newly released Hitler figure, in his Wehrmacht uniform...what do you guys make of the colour?
    Call me deluded, but isn't it supposed to be Field Grey? This to me looks more like Steingrau...

Okay I'll bite.

Where are the prices for this stuff?

Wayne

Comment

Originally posted by Jawohl View Post
      Here's a pic of (I'm into 1/6 also) a newly released Hitler figure, in his Wehrmacht uniform...what do you guys make of the colour?
      Call me deluded, but isn't it supposed to be Field Grey? This to me looks more like Steingrau...
      Id be more concerned with the fact that (to me) the face doesnt have a good likeness to Hitlers imo

Comment

OK, wrong board, my apologies...delete as required

Comment

Where is his holster?
          Attached Files

Comment

Hardly ever wore it--you found that pic after hunting for a month.
            Must be a PPK or something similar, by the look. Definitely not an Artillery Luger!

Comment

He wore the PP regularly during his inspection tour after the Polish surrender. The photo is one of several in the Hoffmann photo series that I have in my library.

Comment

Uhw, I stand corrected. Just not seen many pics of him packing myself. Most of the shots I've seen are of him at public functions and whatnot, rallies, parades etc. Prewar mostly, probably.

Comment

Don't be ridiculous! It's a Walther PP.

Comment

Feldgrau (Field Grey) on WW2 German Army uniforms, is not grey; it is grey-green (called 'sage' by some),,-- Steingrau is "Stone Grey", or regular plane-jane grey.

Comment

Joe, you beat me to it on calling this cobblers character out, on the holster not being "a P.38 holster", as it is clearly a Walther PP holster. Cobblers doesn't know his holsters at all. Also, one can see that the holster & its loops, in relation to the width of the belt, & where the belt goes thru the loops, is not long enough to be a P.38 holster.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeW View Post
                        Don't be ridiculous! It's a Walther PP.
                        Hitler never carried and no reason to carry anything larger than a PP.

Comment

To add to this.... after the Plot of the 20th of July 1944
                          (and perhaps before) Hitler had a special compartment sewn
                          into his trousers, that held a Walther PPK...this was confirmed
                          in a few of the autobiographies of his staff and secretaries.

Also, A photo in the Arndt series of Color Photography books
                          (consisting primarily of Walter Frentz photos) shows Hitler as
                          he greets Dr. Ante Pavelic, with a firearm of some sort visible
                          within the pocket of his tunic. The book "Wolfschanze
                          Führerhauptquartier 1940 - 1945" page 100.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X