Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi all, please believe me when i say i dont mean to upset anyone,each to their own opinion ofcourse, but ive been a member here for 8 years, and ever since thorsten has been a member it seems everyone has an axe to grind with him, i thought this was a friendly place to be, if the items are fake and he has indeed made them himself,i think he must be a very gifted craftsman indeed and the price he asks is nowhere near what a period piece or a comisioned peice would cost,if true it seems his crime is purely not saying they are recent items. i dont know this chap, but it does seem theres a whitch hunt against him, as indeed craig g. i dont wish to stir the sh2t, and have no dog in this fight, its just my opinion. hope ive not offended.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Fay View Post
      As these photos pretty much prove his lies

It is worth reading his false claims on the item in the miscellaneous estand;

note he claims it "is out of his collection"
      "presented in 1941"

"It is in pristine and untouched original condition"
      "and was kept in a closet by the owner´s family most of it´s life "

Has anyone ever been caught so red-handed in such base lies?
      Below is thorstens description on his fake "SS"plate which he carved as he took digital pictures of it!
      Michael,

I'm a photographer and looking at those pictures just quickly I have to say that's just the light doing that, flat lighting versus a much more angled light. I shall look much more closely later to confirm either way, it doesn't look re-carved on the sword, the marks on the wheat ears make me want to take a closer look to be sure.

Comment

Originally posted by PHILBROWN View Post
        hi all, please believe me when i say i dont mean to upset anyone,each to their own opinion ofcourse, but ive been a member here for 8 years, and ever since thorsten has been a member it seems everyone has an axe to grind with him, i thought this was a friendly place to be, if the items are fake and he has indeed made them himself,i think he must be a very gifted craftsman indeed and the price he asks is nowhere near what a period piece or a comisioned peice would cost,if true it seems his crime is purely not saying they are recent items. i dont know this chap, but it does seem theres a whitch hunt against him, as indeed craig g. i dont wish to stir the sh2t, and have no dog in this fight, its just my opinion. hope ive not offended.
        You think gifted fakers who sell fake items as authentic SS items should be treated nicely on WAF?
        try that on any forum on WAF.
        By the way, you say you "dont know this chap"...so why are on Thorston B.'s profile page and listed as his friend ?
        That seems like lying

Comment

Originally posted by Steve T View Post
          Michael,

I'm a photographer and looking at those pictures just quickly I have to say that's just the light doing that, flat lighting versus a much more angled light. I shall look much more closely later to confirm either way but right now it doesn't look re-carved.
          I absolutely agree with Steve. I am convinced the apparent difference is simply due to light and shadow. Digital pictures viewed on a monitor can be deceiving. A lot of invective and vitriol is being hurled at this seller, I don't see the justification for this.

Comment

Michael,

Actually your shared expertise is becoming highly entertaining.

I have to say I really enjoy it.

Please feel free to continue.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve T View Post
              Michael,

I'm a photographer and looking at those pictures just quickly I have to say that's just the light doing that, flat lighting versus a much more angled light. I shall look much more closely later to confirm either way, it doesn't look re-carved on the sword, the marks on the wheat ears make me want to take a closer look to be sure.
              yeah...look real close at those wheat ears.

But that sword was given added carving.
              And those wheat sheafs are simply matter of fact in your face proof of fresh carved additions.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Fay View Post
                yeah...look real close at those wheat ears.

But that sword was given added carving.
                And those wheat sheafs are simply matter of fact in your face proof of fresh carved additions.
                Michael,

I don't believe its proof. That's only a picture you are looking at, and pictures can modify how something looks in reality, especially poor camera phone pictures.

Investigating a little further, there is more data than just what we can see in the image, there's the time of digitization to the sensor.

Thorsten wouldn't be able to carved those details in 1 minute and 20 seconds.

Looking at the camera data from Thorsten's phone shows only that time between pictures.
                Attached Files

Comment

turned the image from positive to negative...but still no carving highlights come to light..IMO even with different angel and light..they should be slightly visible..
                  Attached Files

Comment

another angle

another angle.
                    then there is the matter of the markings pencil or what?

The lack of patina of age or any kind
                    the obviously fresh wood
                    the lack of any wax
                    not even mentioning the tenous claim of SS
                    As for phone data: I am not so sure such data or its images cant be manipulated or modified to suit ones preference.

Maybe more than one was made. Fakers do like multiples
                    Attached Files

Comment

It is really a shame that via these presented and continuing replacement activities - or pure jealousy - of certain members this informative thread is pulled down.

One should be happy about any serious input and shared knowledge and pics of fine pieces by different experts within their field of collecting.

Anything else is not only a waste of space but - as Michael ironically lately put it forward against me - destroying the hobby.

If that is indeed the goal these individuals seem to be just in the wrong forum or should quit collecting these pieces.

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
                        It is really a shame that via these presented and continuing replacement activities - or pure jealousy - of certain members this informative thread is pulled down.

One should be happy about any serious input and shared knowledge and pics of fine pieces by different experts within their field of collecting.

Anything else is not only a waste of space but - as Michael ironically lately put it forward against me - destroying the hobby.

If that is indeed the goal these individuals seem to be just in the wrong forum or should quit collecting these pieces.
                        Whats destroying the hobby is ideas like this one about a wandteppich you passed on to me in a private message:

Hello Minnesinger,

I am refering to the one visable in the Weitzel book behind the Jul chest.

It would be awesome if they could reproduce that pattern.

But I think it would not be so intelligent to do it openly within the thread since someone could inform the manufactury in Meldorf due to this published thoughts/discussion that that pattern is "evil" - and then they would never do the job.

I guess you can understand what I want to say, right?

Gruss,

Thorsten
                        In light of certain events I kind of feel obligated to tell them just how evil it is to make sure they don't start coming out of the "woodworks" left and right.

Comment

Nothing else seem to work so now again another weak diversionary tactic.

And it is rich coming from you who could not control his jealousy and tried to let my original DHW furniture pieces look bad by manipulating shared original pics.

My Reichsnährstand plate IS a beautiful SS cultural piece.

Comment

The SS "culture" must have been the shortest culture in the history of mankind? Jacques

Comment

That is why it is so amazing and interesting to collect and examine.

The cultural and religious ideas of Himmler and his inner circle did not appear out of the blue though.

They were the first who had the power to realize them.

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
                                That is why it is so amazing and interesting to collect and examine.

The cultural and religious ideas of Himmler and his inner circle did not appear out of the blue though.

They were the first who had the power to realize them.
                                And you have the power to recreate them !

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 10 users online. 0 members and 10 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X