• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another interesting DHW piece:
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Minnesinger View Post
      Here is a civilian. There are other small variations other than color, so they aren't the exact same piece.
      thanks for the image.Minne

@Darius..is this overpainted figure in your collection or was it available somewhere?

oh yeah,...and speaking about verry overpriced tapestries..795eur for a wooden plate

Comment

Maestro, Hertwig was the maker of my Bamberger Reiter bust and they also made a version in terracotta.

Comment

Andreas,

Wanna see another stunning wooden plate and compare prices?

Here you go:

http://www.ulric-of-england.com/porcelain_3.html

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
            Andreas,

Wanna see another stunning wooden plate and compare prices?

Here you go:

http://www.ulric-of-england.com/porcelain_3.html
            Regarding Ulric's plate, he says 'The artists initial 'M' is stamped into the wood along with a series number '4'' I can't remember whether this is correct or not, so does anyone know if this mark is an M or a W, ie the 'M' of Muck-Lamberty Werkschar or the 'W' of Werkschar Muck-Lamberty?

Comment

I just examined mine and it appears to be an "M" - so I am sure that it is a product of Muck-Lamberty.

In fact I cannot remember any wooden cultural plate with a better carving - it is just truely a masterpiece.

Comment

I just examined mine and it appears to be an "M" - so I am sure that it is a product of Muck-Lamberty.

In fact I cannot remember any wooden cultural plate with a better carving - it is just truely a masterpiece.
                Is it like this one?
                Attached Files

Comment

This is it.
                  Attached Files

Comment

This is it.
                    That's surely an M.

Comment

Here are different shots:
                      Attached Files

Comment

Andreas, as you requested i've received additional pictures from the seller
                        Attached Files

Comment

another shot of the armband in question
                          Attached Files

Comment

here's a closer shot..
                            btw, to clarify, as Minnesinger kindly pointed out, this one posted by me is a different Number stamped on the bottom (42) than the civilian one he posted (14)
                            Attached Files

Comment

Andreas, if you're interested in this piece, PM me & i'll send you his link

Comment

I examined the plate in hand carefully again and these marks appear to be simply there due to the turning process - definitely no pencil marks on the surface.
                                So Share some very clear NEW photos in actual sunlight so others can take a peek.

Lets really look close at this. I just might see somthing that looks a lot like pencil marks.
                                I wonder if those marks are still there, or did you sand them off after you took this photo?
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 8 users online. 0 members and 8 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X