i'm posting enlarged picture of your post here
    Attached Files
    Last edited by maestro; 03-25-2012, 07:16 PM. Reason: Nr.14

Comment

& here's the one i posted on one page for comparison
      Attached Files
      Last edited by maestro; 03-25-2012, 07:16 PM. Reason: Nr.42

Comment

and here's another one on Kris' website! http://www.thirdreicharts.com/engine...Filter=Gallery
        Attached Files

Comment

Hertwig & Company Archives Auction--1890-1937

Hertwig & Co. was a porcelain factory located in Katzhutte in the Thuringian region of Germany. The factory produced children's dolls, decorative objects, and porcelain novelties. The factory began production in 1865, and continued in some form until the 1950s. When the factory was taken over by the East German government, few people knew that inside the factory was an archive of historic showroom samples boxes, with original inventory tags. In the 1980s, a government-owned company looted the archives and sold many of the sample boxes to unknown private buyers in Berlin and London to raise some hard, Western Currency for the government--presumably, these boxes reside unrecognized in private collections.

However, before the looting occurred, the Sonneberg Toy Museum was allowed to choose select objects for the museum collection. Additionally, the Hertwig family had removed some of the choicest objects to a well-hidden location. The saved items were brought together by the Hertwig family, photographed in the Hertwig & Co Archives catalog (which is available from Theriaults as a hard-bound book, through their Gold Horse Publishing division).
          Attached Files

Comment

And another question Thorsten. One one of the photos of it in this thread you can clearly see the Bleistifte used around the middle design to measure the carving. Wouldn't the expert woodcarver who made it make sure to wipe that off when finished before turning it over to who ever was to present it?

Comment

Originally posted by Minnesinger View Post
              And another question Thorsten. One one of the photos of it in this thread you can clearly see the Bleistifte used around the middle design to measure the carving. Wouldn't the expert woodcarver who made it make sure to wipe that off when finished before turning it over to who ever was to present it?
              Hello Minnesinger,
              I am not sure what photo you are describing. Could you tell me and also explain your points in detail?--I am interested.
              thanks,
              Michael

Comment

Originally posted by maestro View Post
                and here's another one on Kris' website! http://www.thirdreicharts.com/engine...Filter=Gallery
                This was out of Hermann Historica, another member here has an identical example, there is a Wehrmacht and there is a Polizei if I am not mistaken. All photos appear to have a heavier glaze over the body in equal form to the overall piece. Allach pieces can differ in these respects depending on the piece. So this rider girl is not matching up real well.

Kris

Comment

Thanks for posting the link Steve.

Is this a typical price for one of these tapestries, even damaged...? $4900

Originally posted by Steve T View Post
                  Tree of Life with the tree missing Pity about the missing part as its a nice Meldorfer tapestry, the type of thing you could buy in the DHW shops, private furniture/decor retailing shops and probably direct from the weavers too.

Comment

Originally posted by Max Wünsche View Post
                    Thanks for posting the link Steve.

Is this a typical price for one of these tapestries, even damaged...? $4900
                    I certainly dont think so.
                    Even if there had not been so many surprises(after '45 productions) in the tapestry teppisch market, that was, and still is, too much money.
                    You see, when that dealer actually has somthing authentic for a change, he does charge way too much...it is one of his "tells" to use poker logic.
                    But if one wants it enough, then that is somthing else.
                    Please note that tapestry has been offered there for MANY years now.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Fay View Post
                      Hello Minnesinger,
                      I am not sure what photo you are describing. Could you tell me and also explain your points in detail?--I am interested.
                      thanks,
                      Michael
                      Zoom in and compare the circled areas. Seems like they disappeared in the later photos. Perhaps you can attach the image here. http://bayimg.com/EAnCLAadJ

Between the T and N it would appear a twig got smoother too but maybe its just me.

Comment

I should have put a ---> <---- after I stated the price....as I too believe that is ridiculous for such an item... I was more wanting to know how much they go for in the current market.

Just so I know for future reference if I do happen to see one listed...

As for Germania International... I cant recall the last time I had checked the site before today........for good reason.

Even if there had not been so many surprises(after '45 productions) in the tapestry teppisch market, that was, and still is, too much money.
                        You see, when that dealer actually has somthing authentic for a change, he does charge way too much...it is one of his "tells" to use poker logic.

Comment

I agree.

Take the 4 from in front of that figure to leave $900 and its still overpriced for a ruined tapestry in my opinion.

Comment

Max Wünsche,

Here is a nice one in a very rare colour.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Minnesinger View Post
                              This plate that you are selling on the e-stand now despite your comment less than two weeks ago above - What's your explanation for it saying 60 years on the back but carved with 50?
                              Minnesinger:
                              If I saw 60 years carved on the front of this plate I would surely be suspicious as I doubt they would be giving out plates every ten years or less.

Think of typical award sequences, multiples of 25, 50, 75, 100, or even 4, 8, 12, 25 as examples. Wedding anniversaries are more frequent and where 60 would be celebrated.

The Reichsnährstand was not around in 1931 when this farm hit 50 years. Who knows when these plates were given out but by the time 1941 this farm had done its 50 years.

For me, 50 suits it better than 60 for the carving.

Thorsten:
                              Those carving marking out guides, are they in the wood or pencil marks?

Comment

I examined the plate in hand carefully again and these marks appear to be simply there due to the turning process - definitely no pencil marks on the surface.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X