This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CurtD View Post
    Any respectable collectibles auction house will do some kind of due diligence on their items. Especially when you get to thousands of $'s. The Pawn Stars, Auction Kings, etc. bring in some kind of expert to examine their items before sale because they have a reputation to protect and don't like being charged with fraud. These guys are obviously just parroting whatever the seller says -- and maybe even hyping it up.

We're not just talking about a fake TK on Ebay for $100. I expect that someone spending $10K for a visor might eventually have someone who knows WTF they are doing take a look at it.
    I agree and looking at it the same way you are and if I remember correctly the last auction had bad caps and other items as well. The tapestry however is legit, but? did it belong to Himmler?. They are using Johnson's reference book and that's fine, but unless you have Himmler standing next to it, its essentially a low end piece that might otherwise garner 2k maybe a bit more. Clearly they have no idea what they are doing and the difference with a firm like this is that they deal in high end firearms and have an air of credibility. That makes them a prime target for issues as they are offering questionable pieces in my opinion and in the opinion of many others.

Comment

Himmler tapestry

Perhaps this may be of interest ....this very piece was auctioned off by Affiliated Auctions back in December 2009 see attachment. It had a starting price of
      10k and went up to 62. The strange thing is ...obviously there were several bids , but it was marked as passed lot after the auction??!!
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi, ive enjoyed reading this thread a couple of times and its wetted my interest, not sure if these items fit in here but i cannot find anywere else to post them. I found these two jugs around the GOCH area of Germany last week in small furniture outlet on the side of a road, my eyes went straight to them on top of a cabinet and was suprised to see the one dated, both inscribed on the bottom to the same person , i believ a 50th birthday gift. I just love these jugs and simple slipware mottifs. Hope they fit in here and all comments welcome. Pete.
        Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Pete,

Beautiful period pieces - at least in the style of DHW pieces, probably indeed products of a DHW supplier.

Typical pieces of the Niederrheinisches Steinzeug / Keramik.

Great find and many thanks for sharing!

Comment

Originally posted by dragnet View Post
                Hi, ive enjoyed reading this thread a couple of times and its wetted my interest, not sure if these items fit in here but i cannot find anywere else to post them. I found these two jugs around the GOCH area of Germany last week in small furniture outlet on the side of a road, my eyes went straight to them on top of a cabinet and was suprised to see the one dated, both inscribed on the bottom to the same person , i believ a 50th birthday gift. I just love these jugs and simple slipware mottifs. Hope they fit in here and all comments welcome. Pete.
                Pete,
                A good find and they are in very nice condition

Comment

Comment

Trip to Germany

Just back from Germany to pick up some DHW furniture so I thought I'd show one of the pieces thats sitting in my hall until I get a chance to give it a good clean up and waxing. A huge piece in the design that can be seen in in the DHW catalog photo of the Reichsministerium.

The quality and design of DHW furniture is most impressive, its big and heavy but sensibly designed for easy moving, no tools are required for removing the heavy top, its pegged, also the doors and drawers can be simply lifted out/off.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Steve T; 05-28-2011, 12:01 PM.

Comment

very very nice Steve! If you hang a tapestry behind it you would have a nice permanent jul-eck!

great taste you have!

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. R View Post
                        very very nice Steve! If you hang a tapestry behind it you would have a nice permanent jul-eck!

great taste you have!
                        Thanks Don

You might like this one too, I got a great deal on this piece.

I was think of adding a grand oak door with wrought iron fittings. A fantastic piece for the garden converted to an outdoor WC next to my shed.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Indeed very impressive and in great original condition.

After the cleaning and waxing job you will have a real pearl of SS-furniture!

Comment

Hi Steve,looks great.......congratulations

Comment

I have this one for few years, got it with some SS stuff from a private house.
                              Is that TR related? I was not sure, but purchased it nevertheless.
                              Attached Files

Comment

This might be more an example of ceramic art during the 50ties rather than pre-war - and with depicting christian symbols the chances that it might have anything to do with a cultural product of the SS are low, very low.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 38 users online. 0 members and 38 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X