Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Erbhof signs, all made in cast iron I presume. Can someone show us a reproduction and a real Erbhof sign?

Comment

All the ones being offered and sold by me were cast iron ones - and they were all orginals from the period.

Fact is: there are no faked Erbhof signs made of cast iron around.

Comment

Originally posted by ErichS View Post
        Those with the 3 threaded holes IMO are original. The fakers would not go to the trouble or expense to do it right.
        Erich, three threaded holes as seen from reverse only, not drilled right through you mean, so it can only fixed in place from the reverse?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve T View Post
          Erich, three threaded holes as seen from reverse only, not drilled right through you mean, so it can only fixed in place from the reverse?
          Correct!

Comment

Correct!
            OK, I know the type now.. thanks

Comment

Experts to the front...

Guys,

As far as I can see you need to get a reward for your expressed expertise.

But be cautious: after your warm-up this might drive you completely bananas.
              Attached Files

Comment

as I was a kid my uncle was working in a quality sand casting factory,
                I remember when he produced some Erbhof signs and some large eagles like for pole tops. So good reproductions are out, this was all in the 70's.

Comment

Those with the 3 threaded holes IMO are original. The fakers would not go to the trouble or expense to do it right.
                  an expense done in 10 min

Comment

I don´t believe one word of what you say.

Comment

you mean me? I don't care if you believe it or not.
                      Look under Heunisch Druckguss in my old hometown Bad Windsheim.

Comment

Everybody can throw in something like that to nuke a field of collecting.

This thread gets polluted by too much jealousy in general.

It is not fun anymore - it is just getting ugly:

Too much negativity, too much wanna be-competition.

It is really too bad because everybody interested in cultural items can only loose by playing these power games - there is nothing to win.

Just ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
                          Everybody can throw in something like that to nuke a field of collecting.

This thread gets polluted by too much jealousy in general.

It is not fun anymore - it is just getting ugly:

Too much negativity, too much wanna be-competition.

It is really too bad because everybody interested in cultural items can only loose by playing these power games - there is nothing to win.

Just ridiculous.
                          There was nothing negative about Robert H.'s thread.

the WAF community is supposed to share if somthing is possibly fake or not authentic.
                          Knowing the truth is why I am on WAF, I am not on WAF to
                          listen to Dealer/seller boosterism lies.
                          I am glad Robert H. spoke up, and encourage everyone to do so,
                          despite your daily rants of true negativity.

Sincerely,
                          Michael

Comment

I am not interested in such items anyhow and there is no need for me to lie about the truth, but some collectors just don't want to hear the truth as it looks to me.

Comment

thanks for sharing the truth

Originally posted by Robert H View Post
                              as I was a kid my uncle was working in a quality sand casting factory,
                              I remember when he produced some Erbhof signs and some large eagles like for pole tops. So good reproductions are out, this was all in the 70's.
                              Robert,
                              thanks for sharing this.
                              I just knew there were fakes at seeing how simple the design really was... make a mold, pore the molten metal, do a bit of filing and sanding, then age a bit.
                              It has to be one of the simplest items to fake that there is.

Comment

Some people on here are not true collectors.

Some people just use this forum to market and sell their items - repro or otherwise.

Some even go to great lengths to fool others.

BE CAUTIOUS. May the buyer beware.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 70 users online. 0 members and 70 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X