• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Although the guide is not that rare I think the original poster is:

Etienne
    Attached Files

Comment

What a stunning plate!!

Interesting to note that it has been made by men of the RAD.
      I am sure there were little booklets in existance with given examples after which HJ/BDM/RAD/SS members created their plates at the Kameradschafts- und Heimabende.

Would love to see more images of that exhibition rooms and their design.

Comment

Thanks all, for the comments on the plates posted.

I have no issues at all with these and regarding a Dienstausweiss, yes it would be nice to find! Seriously though, I will ask about whether there are any old documents or photographs, it would be fun to find an old picture with these two plates hanging on the walls of the old farmhouse.
        Last edited by Steve T; 09-19-2010, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Etienne..

Wonderful material :: It's nice to see those designs in period documents. I particularly like the eternity of life designs and the three spiral plate made by the RAD is very pleasing to the eye.

Another plate I have no doubts about is a single eternity of life motif plate which I shall show at some point when I've photographed it. Also it has a script I've not seen before so it will be interesting to see if any members have, but lets take in the above material/documents first, there's no rush.

Comment

While on the subject of spirals, here's an outstanding Third Reich plate just acquired from a fellow collector. Another plate of huge proportions measuring 39cm in diameter with the 'single eternity of life' motif. Crafter's maker mark to the reverse.

A script I've not seen before around the outside; 'To Have a Living Guest Makes for Fewer Sorrows'.. maybe there are other interpretations? German folklore/Edda perhaps?
            Attached Files

Comment

Incredible artifacts gentlemen. Thank you for sharing.

Comment

Thanks for showing Steve,It is a remarkable piece with a uncommon script.
                This is the first time I see a spiralmotiv on a plate.

Etienne

Comment

Originally posted by NordischeKultur View Post
                  Incredible artifacts gentlemen. Thank you for sharing.
                  Hello NordischeKultur, and welcome to the Forums. With a name like yours, do you have some nice items to share with us?

Comment

ss eck

Danke Erich. just got fotos on imageshack by recomendation. Still un-packing but here is my developeing ss eck for you.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by NordischeKultur View Post
                        Danke Erich. just got fotos on imageshack by recomendation. Still un-packing but here is my developeing ss eck for you.

Fantastic, and thanks for adding them to our little thread!

Comment

Thanks for showing your Jul ecke.Very impressive tapestry.How large is it ?

Comment

Leben rune candle holder

Been a bit overly distracted by crooks on WAF to share much lately.
                            But just got a very welcome addition to my Kultural collection.
                            This wooden Leben rune candle holder is very impressive in person, and larger than one would imagine.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Fay View Post
                              This wooden Leben rune candle holder is very impressive in person, and larger than one would imagine.
                              Interesting piece at a reasonable price too Is there a maker mark or date on it?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Fay View Post
                                Great lebensrune. Where did I see this one recently, ebay.de?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 33 users online. 0 members and 33 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X