Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deutschland Erwache 1933

Hi guys,

I'm aware of these being somehow a bit controversial, but after a close inspection I quite liked it. Can someone tell me exactly what would be wrong with these besides the 1933 which obviously isn't the production date.

Thanks a lot
    Giel
    Attached Files
    Kind regards,
    Giel

Check out our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Giels-Milit...5292741243193/

The most obvious problem is that the RZM mark was not used before about 1935, and this mark does not look correct. Why would these have been made for an election two years past?

Comment

Why couldn't these pins have been made to remember the good outcome of the election?
      Kind regards,
      Giel

Check out our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Giels-Milit...5292741243193/

Comment

It stays a controversional badge, Giel. They always have that typical higher placed "Z" in the RZM stamp. This one has a sloppy attached pin plate. If you keep an open mind It's difficult to proof they are wrong but also difficult to proof they are good.

Regards, Wim
        Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Their biggest problem is that they share a reverse die with known fakes - the "Heil Hitler, Ludefndoff u. Grafe" and the "Adolf Hitler 1933" badges. Plus they do not appear in the RZM regs and were not "official" badges of the NSDAP, which were the only ones subject to the RZM.

The "commemorative" theory arose recently to try to save these badges, which I feel are bad if RZM marked.

Comment

Thanks for the extra info guys, back to the seller it goes then
            Kind regards,
            Giel

Comment

The front looks very good. No 'puffyness' to the clear lacquer over the red field.
              The process for the fakes so far leaves the enamel a little higher in spots around the letters. Originals were polished to a smooth finish across the top that your fingernail cannot 'catch' on when pulled across the surface. You can see the puffyness from the side.
              The white field has the tiny specks in it and the swaz is nice and crisp with sharp corners.
              The back looks good too. I could live with the misplaced pin plate.
              BUT....
              If it were not for the RZM, I would probably buy it.
              There are lots of posts on these pins. I'm not sure but the Ludendorff may even be a complete fantasy as he may well have fallen from favor with the nazi's by then. John

Comment

The "Ludendorff" badges were real - they appear in the period literature, but they date from 1925 only - 10 years too early for the RZM.

Comment

Originally posted by sjl View Post
                  The "Ludendorff" badges were real - they appear in the period literature, but they date from 1925 only - 10 years too early for the RZM.
                  Yep, we have one in our data base at the WWMF.

Regards, Wim
                  Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X