NSDAP 15yrs strange lettering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NSDAP 15yrs strange lettering

I wanted to sell this badge when another member hinted there are issues with the lettering
    Attached Files

angular pics of the lettering....
    Attached Files

Comment

more
      Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

.,...,m
          Attached Files

Comment

Winston

I have to say some of the lettering is questionable. For example the thin letter "f" in the word "fur".

Nick

Comment

Thanks Nick....Yes,I agree....After it was pointed out to me I have not yet seen another sloppy lettering like this.

Comment

You better check all the makers before you decide this as being a copy.
                Förster & Barth, Juncker, Wilhelm Deumer, Karl Wuster and Hauptmünzamt wien. I suppose different makers have different details...

Regards, Wim
                Freedom is not for Free

Comment

I agree--the enamel and underlaying surface looks okay, eagle, wreath, beading, finish are fine. I assume the ring is not marked?
                  Erich
                  Festina lente!

Comment

Thanks for the comments....the badge is gone now....

Comment

Originally posted by Theo Cuypers View Post
                      You better check all the makers before you decide this as being a copy.
                      Förster & Barth, Juncker, Wilhelm Deumer, Karl Wuster and Hauptmünzamt wien. I suppose different makers have different details...

Regards, Wim
                      How would one do that, Wim ?

Comment

I suppose with a bit picture comparing it must be possible. Finding your way in a few forums is a must of course. I remember I posted my maker marked "2" example on a few forums before (GCA and WWMF). Lettering and eagles (especially the eakles head could show differences). But in this case it's maybe easier to look at the the silver finish. It special appereance is recognizable.

Regards, Wim
                        Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Though the lettering does appear a bit different, I have yet to see enameling this good on anything but an original.
                          Richard V

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                          X