Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hitler profile

Hallo all!
    I didn't know where to submit these photos of a Hitler profile which I have been offered while I am here in Austria for a few days. Can anybody help and let me know what you think about this head? The images speak for themselves and the note on the back says the silver is 'zaponiert' which means that it is conserved with Zapon laquer to protect the slivered surface. I have not seen it first hand but from the photos it looks to be in very good condition.
    The size of the profile plaque (without the frame) is approx 8 x 6 ins (19 x 15 cm).
    It has apparently been in the possession of the elderly chap's family since not long after WW2 (he's about 75).
    Any help as to it's authenticity or any information at all would be very useful especially if it is worth buying and for how much.
    Thanks,
    Terry.
    Attached Files

2)
    Attached Files

Comment

3)
      Attached Files

Comment

Terry, I have one of those. My friend's father brought it back from the war. Mine doesn't have the frame. One recently sold on the e stand without a frame for around $400.
        Last edited by Bob Hartman; 03-28-2010, 09:33 AM. Reason: add content

Comment

Hi Bob,
          Thanks for the info. Have sent PM
          Terry

Comment

I've seen several of these over the years, including one with the frame broken so that the plaque was loose. There was at least one more matching framed plaque as a set--but I can't remember if it was a portrait of von Hindenburg or of Hermann Göring--I'm pretty sure it was one or the other.
            It looks 100% fine to me.
            Erich
            Festina lente!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
            X