GermanMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

High end tunics, SA Brigadeführer, Oberführer, NSKK Obergruppenführer etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High end tunics, SA Brigadeführer, Oberführer, NSKK Obergruppenführer etc.

Hello friends and political collector's.

A good friend of mine has these tunic's, i've been offered these for possible buy.
    What is your opinion, and which of these tunics looks best?

Thank you in advance.

Let's start with this one. SA Brigadeführer late wartime tunic and pants, around 1944. The tunic is mint.

SABrg.jpg

[ATTACH]1442339[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]1442341[/ATTACH]

Comment

RAD Closed collar, Generalarbeitsführer early wartime tunic.

RAD1.jpg

Comment

SA Oberführer, golden metal laurels. Adjutant to the SA-Stabschef

SAOberfhr.jpg

Comment

[ATTACH]1442350[/ATTACH]

Comment

NSKK Obergruppenführer, this one has to be rare!

NSKKOgruf.jpg

Comment

is it possible to add better pictures with more detail?

Comment

Originally posted by laurens View Post
                  is it possible to add better pictures with more detail?
                  I have been asked to this by one of the moderator's to, i will see what i can do

Comment

Hello Great looking tunics. Looking foreward to more detailed photos. Kirby

Comment

Better photos would definitely help, but from these I would say the NSKK general tunic is the best of the lot. The later SA tunics without collar piping are always more problematic to determine whether or not the insignia was reapplied or not. The RAD is also nice, but I think the NSKK would be a wiser choice.
                      The 1st SA uniform--is it a tailor made tunic or an issue enlisted grade tunic? If the blanket wool enlisted style, I would suspect it has had its insignia added, as it would be a rare higher SA leader who would want to wear a lower grade tunic.
                      The 2nd SA tunic looks like an SA Group Ostland tunic with wine red underlay and gold metal leaves. If it has the first style shoulder board, it should have a gold piped collar. If the 2nd style, it shouldn't have metal leaves on the collar.
                      Erich
                      Festina lente!

Comment

Tunic

Agree - The 2nd SA tunic collar tabs should have gold piping, but the use of collar piping for Oberfuhrer wasn't eliminated until 1941, so the collar should technically have gold piping also. The SINGLE shoulder board and gold buttons are consistent with the regulations existing prior to 1941. This (1938-1939-1940) era is often difficult to pin down, as the regulation transitions were sometimes done piecemeal by the individuals. (Translated: Many times a tunic may not follow the exact regulations, but still be original). So in THIS case, you should ask, would the guy remove the collar piping to conform to regulations, and not bother adhering to the other regulations that came out at the same time? Stranger things have happened - but WHENEVER something like this is missing, there's a higher probability that the tunic is a post-war put-together.
                        Not saying this is the case here, but always a possibility. Examine the thread that the insignia are attached with. Does it look period? Original uniform thread from this period is very high quality, compared to most American thread. The twisted strands are tight and well defined, kind of like a tiny rope. Of course, restorers sometimes use period thread. You have to be a damn detective with this stuff!!

Comment

I have my doubts about it.

I simple like to see some long service stripes arround the cuffs. Especially for senior leaders.
                          The metal devices on the collar tabs on war pattern setup.
                          Belt hooks are not very common for high leaders.
                          The first one seem to be war setup on a early brown tunic.

Has the seller already send some details?
                          Maybe that explains a lot....

Comment

Originally posted by laurens View Post
                            I have my doubts about it.

I simple like to see some long service stripes arround the cuffs. Especially for senior leaders.
                            The metal devices on the collar tabs on war pattern setup.
                            Belt hooks are not very common for high leaders.
                            The first one seem to be war setup on a early brown tunic.

Has the seller already send some details?
                            Maybe that explains a lot....
                            I will ask him right now

Comment

wouldnt trust any of them except maybe teh NSKK like Eric said.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X