I missed the best..................

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I missed the best..................

Yes i really did, sadly. A few years back i attended on one of the Norwegian Military
    shows. The show start's around 8 AM and closes around 14.00 PM, it's open for public at 10.00 AM. Only people with table can get in from 8-10 (Obvious, so they can fill the tables) The show last's only for one day. Around 13.30 i was on my way home out of the hall, when i noticed a "Deutscher Orden With Oaks" behind glass on one of the tables. I assumed it was repro, but i still walked against it to have a closer look. It was clearly a genuine order after i inspected it, not souval or any other repro. It had all the signs of the genuine one, correct enamel just as on the GPB. The best repros of this award is the souval one's IMO, and this was clearly not one of those.
    There is some never repros also, but this was not one of those either.

The price tag said "NSDAP Knight's Cross 1500,-EURO". I tried to talk to him on English cause he was not Norwegian, think he was russian. He did not understand English so it was really hard to communicate, but i tried to get him to wait for me to come back with money (i did not have 1500euro in my wallet after 4 hours at show) . There was a minibank right outside the hall, so i told him i would go and get the money. He did not understand and when i came back, he had left. He was charing table with another guy who had left earlier so i could't get an email address or anything like that. He was gone, and so was the cross. I have been to every show after that, but i have not found him. But believe me, i will find him....

why would you share this?

all it does is make us all hurt right along with you!!

one of those things you'll likely never get over, that is, until you track it down!!

if it helps, i'll keep my fingers crossed for you from texas!!

Comment

Originally posted by TxGauleiter View Post
      why would you share this?

all it does is make us all hurt right along with you!!

one of those things you'll likely never get over, that is, until you track it down!!

if it helps, i'll keep my fingers crossed for you from texas!!
      I wanted to share this cause it has always annoyed me, and now i thought i would
      annoy you guys a bit

Thank you for that, i do have a small hope to find it.

Comment

Thats a gutter!

On a similar line one of my best friends a German has his grandfathers GPB group and associated paperwork ,he was mayor of a town and the badges
        are early numbers.Ive asked my friend on numerous occasions to sell em to
        me but to no avail.

The irony is my friend left the uk to work in Dubai a couple of years ago,he left
        the badges in a old lock up garage in his house over here!

Comment

Jon-Olav
          If you are goiing to converse in English with "Jonny foreigner",you have to wave your arms about wildly and speak each word slowly,but in a loud voice to be understood,we Brits have been doing this for years,thats how we built the empire do'nt you know!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X