AlsacDirect

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's see some Gold Party Badge matched sets!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John Pepera View Post
    "Buchner"
    Isn't the correct spelling Buechner ?

Comment

"von Eberstein"
      Is there any chance that he'd have #4039 as well ?

Comment

If anyone comes across GBP #8246 and it´s for sale, please let me know

Comment

I'm posting this fantastic set for Joe Wotka.
          Attached Files

Comment

Reverse
            Attached Files

Comment

# 3444, A full house with a two piece matched set, the official award document, an official leatherette wallet/carrier and his NSDAP membership book.

I also have his brother's #3445 NSDAP book and his DAF Arbeit book.
              This is what it is today:

Heinrich & Richard Bartels - an Estate of Party Members & Brothers
              30 mm gilt Tombak with inset silver-plated, enamelled party badge. Party member number "3444" on worn reverse with stamped "GES. GESCH." above horizontal pin on attachment plate stamped "DESCHLER & SOHN MĂœNCHEN 9" above vent hole. Award document with hand written recipient's name "Herrn Heinrich Bartels", party number "3444", address, date "12 März 1935" and ink signature of Reichsschatzmeister Franz Xaver Schwarz complete with embossed seal of the Reichsleitung. Dimensions 9.5 x 13.5 cm. NSDAP Long Service Awards 2nd and 3rd Class. Party and DAF membership books for Heinrich and Richard Bartel's (number 3445). Party Book indicates they joined the same day. Collector prepared research folio included.

Guess the small badge fell through the cracks ?

Comment

OK, I'll do a little showing off;

"Beverugen"
                Egendorf pin missing.

Comment

Originally posted by der-hase-fee View Post
                  This is what it is today:

Heinrich & Richard Bartels - an Estate of Party Members & Brothers
                  30 mm gilt Tombak with inset silver-plated, enamelled party badge. Party member number "3444" on worn reverse with stamped "GES. GESCH." above horizontal pin on attachment plate stamped "DESCHLER & SOHN MĂœNCHEN 9" above vent hole. Award document with hand written recipient's name "Herrn Heinrich Bartels", party number "3444", address, date "12 März 1935" and ink signature of Reichsschatzmeister Franz Xaver Schwarz complete with embossed seal of the Reichsleitung. Dimensions 9.5 x 13.5 cm. NSDAP Long Service Awards 2nd and 3rd Class. Party and DAF membership books for Heinrich and Richard Bartel's (number 3445). Party Book indicates they joined the same day. Collector prepared research folio included.

Guess the small badge fell through the cracks ?
                  I would question John's posting back in 2009. In his master list of badges he sent to me for my data base and trying to identify some of his unknowns, John lists this as #03444 (30) Bartels (group). There is no evidence he had the 24mm even if there is one pictured in the picture he posted. He never changed his listing of that badge number.

I shared tables with John at every SOS for the last 10+ years, stayed at the same hotel as he did, had dinner each evening and during the last few years of his rapidly declining health, helped him load and unload his van. He was offering to buy and sell GPBs at every show. His list never approached the 150 or so badges he is reputed to have said in that video from the Max Show. The photo he posted in 2009 shows less than 100.

As for the missing lapel pin from the Beverungen group, I can only surmise that it was misplaced because of size buy either John or his daughter gathering his collection.

Comment

Of course the Name ist on the documents, but I made them unreadable.

Please no PNs!

Ostmaerker
                    Attached Files

Comment

My favorite set.

Bob Hritz
                      Attached Files
                      In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Which general was that set for Bob? Von Brauchhitsch?

Comment

Originally posted by JoeW View Post
                          Which general was that set for Bob? Von Brauchhitsch?

You are correct, Joe.

Bob Hritz
                          In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hritz View Post
                            My favorite set.

Bob Hritz
                            That'd be my favorite honor set as well !

Comment

Originally posted by Ostmaerker View Post
                              Of course the Name ist on the documents, but I made them unreadable.

Please no PNs!

Ostmaerker
                              That's interesting: Posthumously awarded, to be kept by the family. Badges could be in pristine condition. But the editing just sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by der-hase-fee View Post
                                That's interesting: Posthumously awarded, to be kept by the family. Badges could be in pristine condition. But the editing just sucks.
                                No, not posthumously awarded. The man was a "normal" holder, but died early. So the badges were sent to his wife. And the editing was made officially by the "Kreisleitung"

Ostmaerker

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X