would someone please post a pic of a gold SA Sports badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

would someone please post a pic of a gold SA Sports badge

Or help me find a link to some. Some closeups of the finish would be nice. Are they solid gold, or plated? Im sorry, I have not yet been able to purchase some serious books with closeup photography. Are they sometimes hard to distinguish form the bronze medals? Thanks
    Dave

hello and welcome to the forum!

there are many different shades of bronze that i have seen some appear to be gold. Alot of collectors would believe that they have a gold badge when in fact it is bronze. I heard a senior collector say that the gold badges are actually quite rare.

if you look at the collectors guild website

http://www.germanmilitaria.com/Polit...s/N072959.html

here is a fine example of a gold one. if you would like to see another by a different maker then you can pm me your email address.

Comment

that piece on collectors guild is a real nice example.

Comment

thanks guys

what a great site (collectors guild), as well as this one. I also found a multitude of photos simply by searching google. Many are identified as "gold", but seem to be bronze. If the plating is actually gold, I guess that I would not expect it to patina very much, if at all.
        Looking forward to building up my library. Bought "the Iron Time" today. Can anyone recommend the same publishers books on Badges? Or, is there a better series. Thanks
        Dave

Comment

SA Sports Badge in Gold

Dave,

Here is mine which is shown on several threads. Gold one's are quite rare and usually have low numbers.

Stan
          Attached Files

Comment

SA Sports Badge in Gold

Reverse.

Stan
            Attached Files

Comment

nt

A
              Last edited by DaveinSeattle; 08-03-2009, 08:45 PM.

Comment

thanks Stan.

That has a nice patina. I don't have a reference book on these, but am really looking forward to getting into Third Reich medals and awards. I have taken a break from Japanese rifles, looking for something more manageable (storage space).
                Dave

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X