Value for Estand???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bust

It was estand for a day and no interest so it was lowered considerably. After no interest it was placed on ebay. I did not say it was authentic nor did i say reproduction. I am not basing any decision of mine off 2-3 opinions. I consider them as they are far more educated on the topic than me but in this case i left it to the buyer to decide. No false information was given what so ever. So you dont have to make me out to be a villian over selling an item on ebay after no interest was given here! Many people here sell on ebay. I dont know what else to tell you. I shouldnt even have to explain myself over an $80 bust?? But i guess i do for some. Feel free to post anything i have ever sent. I stand by my word and my actions. Thanks to your negative demeanor that actually sold it for me. I thank you for that much anyway!

Have a wonderful day and thank you to all that replied to his thread and contributing to this forum.

Cheers,

hdmarley

Comment

bust

For the record here is what was sent to Colorado??

"Yes I did and did you notice its cheaper here!!! Discounted for WAF members!! Authenticity was left up to the buyer to decide because i do not know. There only 2-3 responses to it being a copy. Im unable to find one to compare to as well. It being a plaster copy and heavily reproduced i would have thought that many would be around to verify? I appreciate everyones response to this thread and respect the opinions here more than any book i could buy , i just thought this one left it undecided for me.

hdmarley

ps-- there is no need to be demeaning towards me. I have done nothing to you or nothing wrong. Statements here are opinions and most of the time very education opinions and facts. I left it up to the buyer because i felt there was not enough evidence to rule it a repro. "

Was i out of line?? If so i stand corrected and will apologize for this amateur situation.

Comment

Of course anyone is free to do whatever they choose to do, buy what they decide to buy, accept or reject the information provided by others, etc. The reason you may not have seen these around is that they were sold in quantity in the mid 80s, and that anyone with an original bust, especially of this type with little undercutting, can make a plaster cast for under a dollar or two with a little practice.
        Erich
        Festina lente!

Comment

say what you want, you didnt mention that experts disputed its authenticity and you further blurred the issue by calling it 'vet acquired'...

there is nothing wrong with selling something for whatever someone is willing to pay, but there is something wrong when you do so without fully disclosing.. remind me to never purchase anything from you in the future!

Comment

Bust

Thank you and i understand this and considered that as well. But they way some are acting you would thought i ripped someone a new one over purchasing this. I left all decisions up to them. It wasnt hundreds of dollars either. The guy that purchased here said he did not care real or fake all he knew was that he wanted it. Same on the ebay listing issue. Im not basing a decision off two or three opinions. I respect them and consider them always but on this I chose to leave it undecided and the buyer can make their mind up. I love this forum and read it religiously. I study and read it everyday. I have som many members here by telling them what a wonderful site it is! But this childish stuff like this is dragging it down. There are many post out there and some wonderful old time members continue to read but never post because S%^T like this. Its really diaapointing, but i love it and will continue to go on about my business here buying, selling, and learning.

Kindest Regards,

hdmarley

Comment

Bust

It was purchased here from a vet that had alot of stuff. So it was vet acquired. And if im selling something, TX feel free to do whatever you see fit

I listen to all advice and replies to threads i ask opinions on but base my decisions on what i feel is right. This was not sold as authentic or reproduction. The seller had all links to discussions.

Item sold to happy buyer with all information at hand= done deal, its over.

Cheers,

hdmarley

Comment

I just spend one reply to this topic.

The guy who purchased the item from hdmarley is a fool, and deserves it.
                Is see people paying much more for things wich are 100% fake.
                People shouldn't buy if they're not 100% sure for themself.

But, sellers don't have to sell if they're not 100% sure about the authenicity of their item too.

hdmarley is just a loser. I wonder if he has some friends?? Probably not....

Comment

Originally posted by hdmarley View Post
                  I appreciate everyones response to this thread and respect the opinions here more than any book i could buy.....

hdmarley
                  .....but in this instance i will disregard those opinions i value so highly, 'more than any book i could buy', and represent it as original, even though everyone said it is a blatant fake!!

Comment

Bust

Here is the sale thread and what was stated for the little girls who like to treat this forum like Facebook or Myspace. Keep up the name calling and humorous all!!

Its entertaining!!

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=369594

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X