Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow! You have my congrats, Chen, as well as my envy for owning one of these rare and highly-coveted desk ornaments!! And it's true then that you have actually created a 3-D model via computer! Congrats again! So when will we hear how to order one?!

Happy Holidays and happy collecting,

Br. James

Comment

Br. James,
      Serial no. 1 now ready to be delivered to our first happy customer.
      He specifies no weathering so bronze finish only.
      As said before, a 1:1 is now under planning.
      Uncle Adolf also gives an approval salute to our product.
      Attached Files

Comment

Chen,
        Are these statues made of resin?

Are each serial numbered to help destingquish from real statues?

Comment

Apologies if posted before, but just reminiscing on some old pieces no longer here!
          Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hi Chen,

If i may ask, are you a collector or reproducer (faker?) of militaria who comes to WAF to learn? I seem to remember you making other things as well in the past here on WAF? IMO not a good development.

best regards,
              Gaston

Comment

IMO if someone wanted to use WAF to learn to make fakes to deceive collectors, they would not advertise what they were doing.
                Erich
                Festina lente!

Comment

Originally posted by ErichS View Post
                  Chen,
                  Are these statues made of resin?

Are each serial numbered to help destingquish from real statues?
                  Erich,
                  Material is Light-activated Resin.
                  As you own a genuine one, the weight by itself itself already separates the 3d model vs. genuine one, just like plastic Knight Cross vs. genuine Knight Cross.

Comment

Originally posted by jabnus View Post
                    Hi Chen,

If i may ask, are you a collector or reproducer (faker?) of militaria who comes to WAF to learn? I seem to remember you making other things as well in the past here on WAF? IMO not a good development.

best regards,
                    Gaston
                    Gaston,
                    You must be talking about my Die Wehrmacht and Die Partie figures. These are again made of resin plastic, very light weight.
                    I tried to collect a genuine set( smaller one) but can not find any, so only choice is to make them.
                    If I want to create convincing fakes to fool others, I will die cast using similar metal material.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Erich B. View Post
                      IMO if someone wanted to use WAF to learn to make fakes to deceive collectors, they would not advertise what they were doing.
                      Erich
                      ErichB,
                      This picture speaks for itself. Made of Light-activated Resin material. Can not fool anyone.
                      As Br. James said in # 651, it is just for those who can not find or afford a genuine one to fill up his political collection.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the info Chen and understand that these statues are not to fool which is what I thought.

Comment

Very nice to see Chen's models of the pair of Breker statues from the Honor Court at the New Reichschancellery again! I've admired them since he first showed them to us a while ago. With his addition of the FHH Mahnmal to the Breker pieces, I can see a future catalog of NSDAP reproductions coming together in my mind's eye! And while I have no patience or respect whatsoever for those who stoop to the level of faking Nazi artifacts, these pieces are a whole different class -- at least to me! These pieces are clearly produced with the intention of providing our hobby with faithful reproductions of items either so difficult to find as to be nearly impossible, or like the Breker figures, items that did not exist in that form during the NSDAP era.

I look forward to hearing more about purchase opportunities!

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
                            Very nice to see Chen's models of the pair of Breker statues from the Honor Court at the New Reichschancellery again! I've admired them since he first showed them to us a while ago. With his addition of the FHH Mahnmal to the Breker pieces, I can see a future catalog of NSDAP reproductions coming together in my mind's eye! And while I have no patience or respect whatsoever for those who stoop to the level of faking Nazi artifacts, these pieces are a whole different class -- at least to me! These pieces are clearly produced with the intention of providing our hobby with faithful reproductions of items either so difficult to find as to be nearly impossible, or like the Breker figures, items that did not exist in that form during the NSDAP era.

I look forward to hearing more about purchase opportunities!

Br. James
                            Br. James,
                            The 3d FHH is already on its way to its owner. He should receive this week and I have requested him to provide comment in WAF.
                            Then I will be able to provide the cost for anyone to order the 3d FHH.
                            About the Die Wehrmacht/Partie figures, last time the manufacturer made them based on period photos so the cost is high. Now 3d scan/printing technique will be used to scan the two figures so the price will drop significantly.
                            Once again, the weight of these products already let you to know these are just copies, for example, the 3d FHH weights less than this coin!
                            Attached Files

Comment

Many thanks, Chen, and do keep us in the loop! I'm sure I'm not the only person here who is interested!

Cheers and Happy New Year,

Br. James

Comment

3d FHH putsch monument copy uses ???

Originally posted by chen View Post
                                ... will be able to provide the cost for anyone to order the 3d FHH.
                                ... just copies, for example, the 3d FHH weights less than this coin!
                                Hello chen:
                                Quarter dollar (2-bits) is what I used to pick up
                                single BPS coins for at my local flea market. It
                                would be nice if the 3d FHH copies cost the same.
                                In any case I'm looking forward to adding a 3d FHH
                                PM to my computer desktop Blood Flag pantheon.

OFW
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by oldflagswanted; 12-29-2015, 03:15 PM.
                                sigpic
                                .......^^^ .................... some of my collection ...................... ^^^...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X