Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John Pepera View Post

4 piece set
    John probably has the most important GPB collection in the world. Now all you need is the rest of the grouping to go with badges 10020 to complete the set in a grand way!
    Last edited by ErichS; 02-19-2012, 05:45 PM. Reason: word missing

Comment

Gold Party Badge

Thank you all but Erich, I'm afraid that's only a dream and here are two words for you; 'Ball Buster'

Comment

Thank you all but Erich, I'm afraid that's only a dream and here are two words for you; 'Ball Buster'

Comment

der-hase-fee,

Thank you for your meaningful input however with further research, I believe that you will find several persons named Buchner. I believe that mine is the one that was awarded the SS Honor Ring, the Thuringen badge along with this Gold Party Badge.

Best regards,

John
          I have several Büchners (as well as Buchners) being awarded GPB's. But only one Erwin. And he's the one with party #38247, SS #3283 and Gauadler #487.

Comment

Every time I see parts of the GPB collection held by John Pepera it takes my breath away! I say 'parts' because I doubt that one photo could hold it all! I am always in awe of his dedication, and I couldn't agree more with Erich's comment: "John probably has the most important GPB collection in the world." End of story!!

Br. James

Comment

Here is a set that belonged to Hugo Kroll, party #1826. I know very little about him [I now have his file but need to go through it] other than that he was a holder of the Coburg Badge. I also think he may have played a part in the early days of the Hitler Youth.

Great thread!

Chris
              Attached Files

Comment

Two documents from his file.
                Attached Files

Comment

Neat. JoeW is looking for these.

Comment

Yeah I spoke with Joe about these the other day. Cheers.

Comment

Interesting background. And he was a PL!

Comment

Originally posted by JoeW View Post
                        Interesting background. And he was a PL!
                        And a Coburg Badge holder! A guy who was there from the beginning!

Glad that you were able to add this impressive set to your collection CPB.

Comment

Thanks, Erich. I wonder where his badge ended up.

Comment

Will never know. CB's cannot be attributed for sure, only indirectly if they come in a grouping.

Comment

As an aside here is a translation of the longer of the two docs above (thanks to member Gerdan):

"The NSDAP in Stuttgart is writing to the NSDAP Reichsleitung (NSDAP Headquarters) in Munich to explain that a certain party member named Hugo Kroll (Party membership number 1826) from Stuttgart should be awarded with the "Ehrenezeichen der alten Parteimitglieder" ( Grand Decoration for old party members) because he was one of the early party members and also awarded with the Coburg Badge - even if there was a problem that - caused by a administrative error - Kroll seemed to have left his NSDAP party membership.

Kroll will have his 60th birthday very soon (2. February) and so the Stuttgart NSDAP party administration hopes the Kroll will be awarded till his birthday with this party award. Kroll is a great supporter of the party."

Comment

Originally posted by der-hase-fee View Post
                                Will never know. CB's cannot be attributed for sure, only indirectly if they come in a grouping.
                                Ah actually it's in my collection

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X