I Need Some Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Need Some Help

I'm Not Sure Were To Post This. I'm Not Sure What It Is Or What It's Worth. Thanks For Any Help That I Get.
    Attached Files

Back
    Attached Files

Comment

can sombudy make a suggespion were should i can post this eagle to get an answer. thanks

Comment

I think this is likely a sports shirt eagle for some civil or political organization. I owned a Postal sports shirt eagle that was nearly identical but the eagle was white or gray instead of gold (if I remember correctly). Perhaps this could be Reichsbahn or a similar organization.

Comment

thanks Chris
          the eagle is white the darn thing keeps looking yellow every time i take the picture.
          bob

Comment

Eastern Ministry Eagle. Here's my patch:

Rick C.
            Attached Files

Comment

Looks like a legit, quality stitching to me.
              My guess as to organization would be fire/police.
              I would estimate $30 low $50 high for this one.
              Might help to take the pic on a dark backround under a bright, natural flourescent light, some cams sensors tend to get befuddled with light backrounds like that, and the primary color seems to leach onto the subject.
              Either that, and/or your white balance settings in the cam need to be adjusted to neutral.

Comment

better pictures it was the lighting
                Attached Files

Comment

back
                  Attached Files

Comment

so is it a postal eagle ?

Comment

Originally posted by BOB C View Post
                      so is it a postal eagle ?
                      No not postal...
                      Eastern Ministry eagle, as in German Ministry that was a governing body for annexed Eastern territories (ex-Soviet, like Ukraine).
                      The "eastern Ministry" = the Reich Ministry for the Occupied Eastern Territories (RmbO), a civil government ministry (Reichsministeriums fur die besetzten Ostgebiet). It was created by the German civil authorities as an administrative unit (like a colonial government) reporting to the German Reich (Grossdeutsches Reich).

Its a Government official's sporting event shirt eagle for administrative officials.
                      Rare and worth way more money than the indicated $30-$50 (BenR) BUT few people would be able to recognize it as such... and therefor its not very sought after, unless you are an advanced collector who likes exotic political material...
                      Last edited by NickG; 10-15-2008, 11:29 PM.

Comment

Just goes to show you why I love this site. Imagine selling that beauty for $30 and later finding out is was worth way more. Good job and I applaud the honesty some members of this board show.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X