DR tea set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DR tea set

hi guys,ive been offered a tea set from 1st class buffet car (Deutchse reichbahn)nice crisp egale with railway monogram D.R each side.
    set is;silver metal finish....cup,saucer,milk jug,sugar bowl.

guy wants £250 is this a fair price?

hope you can help me with cost,cheers

it is maker marked....ALPAKA,image of a train then number 242(this help)
    Last edited by brownshirts; 02-19-2008, 01:02 PM. Reason: extra info....maker stamp

You'd need to post some photos up here before anyone could comment. If you're not a member, PM me and I will upload them for you.

Cheers

Chris

Comment

Images posted on behalf of member 'Brownshirts'
      Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

any clues yet?

has anyone been able to work out from the pics if this is the real deal?

ive suppled the maker mark details,books ive looked in tend to just explain these items get used as so called SS DAS REICH OFFICER MESS ITEMS instead of what they are,but says nothing about looking out for faking notes...any info be gratful.

cheers
              matthew

Comment

Hi Matthew, I see you are not getting any replies, so I will try and help the best I can.

In regards to the price. I did a search and could not come up with any for sale on the 'net. So guessing at a possible market value is all I can do. I am never keen on doing this. BUT I guess in this day and age the price does not seem too bad.

I am not aware of these being reproduced? I don't think that demand for these items is great, not that that stopped the fakers before though

As far as I can tell from the pics provided the items appear to be original. I don't own any of these items, but I have seen a few for sale over the years. Most show signs of being well used.

Cheers, Ade.

PS You also mentioned being helped with the cost: sorry I am skint at the moment

Comment

price guide.

many thanks for your comments,its an odd little set...still in two minds about taking it on.

i meant help with the cost(as in the price tag,not a loan!) unless you feel generous!.

thanks again

matthew

Comment

I agree - I don't believe these items to be widely faked. Anyone with sufficiently good silversmith skills would be wiser applying themselves to high-value items like AH/personality silverware etc. where there's real money to be made.

Seems like a good price for the set. Even short-term, I doubt you'd lose out financially should you come to sell them on. If I was to see them up for sale, I'd probably go for it - nice set.

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

Chris

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X