Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hj banner/flag?????

happy new year to all,
    been offered ths from a reputable seller but was wondering what it was for and what the going price would be,at first thought it was a trumpet banner but all the photos i have seen have on edge without the frills where this has frills all the way round ,the size is 43cmx46cm
    any thoughts
    stu
    Attached Files

Yes, it certainly looks like it's trying to be a trumpet banner Stu but as you say, it makes no sense to have the decoration on all sides. This certainly wouldn't be typical for a banner of that type. Does it have any ties at all?

Comment

no ties at all has me at a loss never seen one like this before and cant find one anywhere,perhaps its a cushion cover
      stu

Comment

Without Close Up Pictures Of The Construction, It Is Hard To Make Any Judgement On This Piece. As It Sits, I Can't Make Any Sense Out Of It.

Comment

have requested better pics if i get them will post seller says the black swas is mutli piece stiched on to the flag/banner anyway happy new year all
          stu

Comment

heres some closer photos does not help a lot but on close inspection looks like a multi-part construction still does`nt answer what it wa for though????????????
            stu
            Attached Files

Comment

HJ Flag

Pillow Cover??

Comment

l

Let us know if you find out any more about this one Stu.
                Last edited by Schmusi; 01-04-2008, 12:22 PM. Reason: added a bit

Comment

still no ideas ?

I have two as well, it would be nice to know.

Comment

been awhile but i found this photo in a book i was reading so maybe this has a chance,even though its probably gone now .
                    notice how on the all the trumpet pennants the frills go all the way around i know these are dj and not hj but if the one excisted surely the other could have too
                    what do you think
                    stu
                    Attached Files

Comment

Yes, interesting picture Stu. I'd be interested to see whether there is any trace left of the ties on the banner you posted. Perhaps someone cut them off or unpicked them at some point? Assuming of course that this is a fanfare banner of course. Too small to be anything else really though....

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X