Helmut Weitze

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How about a thread of some Political Leader uniforms?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Left View
    Attached Files

Comment

Cross Strap Retaining Loop
      Attached Files

Comment

Very nice Bob.

how many of those uniform do you have?

Comment

Hi Bob, that last tunic you showed is indeed rather special. Thanks for showing it here.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian Stevenson View Post
            Hi Bob, that last tunic you showed is indeed rather special. Thanks for showing it here.

Cheers, Ade.
            LET 'S SEE WHAT HAPPENS

Comment

Is there an implication as to who wore the tunic in post#45?

Comment

Lets see here; unadorned PL tunic, but with cross strap tab, and with only an Imperial EK1 and Imperial black wound badge displayed. Plain armband. Nope, doesn't ring a bell.

Comment

I remember when you found this tunic, and I know what it says on the breast pocket lable. The story reminds me of that old story, "I got it from a little old lady from Pasadena"... But in this case, Syracuse... (haha) Just amazing. You've probably done quite a bit of research by now, but I only know of the existance of one other, which resides in Moscow.

Comment

Go on. Show us the pocket tag (and tell us the story)!

Comment

Yes very much please

Comment

Just for interest's sake, this is a pic of one of Hitler's double breasted tunics, which is owned by the Moscow military museum. This is the only pic that I have.
                        Attached Files

Comment

The Tunic Was Being Sold By A Small Time Collector Who Had Only Picked It Up Two Weeks Earlier Out Of The Attic Of " A Very Old Lady." It Sat Out In The Open For 2-1/2 Days At The S O S Near All Of The Big Dealers. Due To The Plainess Of Design, It Drew Little Attention. As I Was Packing Up On Saturday(i Was Alone And Tied To My Table), I Decided To Take A Quick Cruise Through The Hall. The Tunic Caught My Eye Due To The Unique Design. However, I Never Thought It Was Going To End Up Being What It Is. I Talked With The Owner And Looked At The Tailor's Tag. Unfortunately, I Left My Reading Glasses Back At My Table So I Could Not Clearly Read It. He Offered It To Me At A Price Less Than $500. Whatever It Was, I Knew That It Was Worth That. I Took It Back To My Table And Put On My Glasses And Read The Label, " Reichskanzler Hitler, 9, November, 1935." It Was Made For Putsch Day. I Doubted What It Was Initially. Then I Began To Think About The Price I Paid. Since, I Have Verified Measurements And Discovered From Helmut Weitze That Two Identical Tunics By The Same Munich Tailor Were Found Years Ago In Munich. I Also Later Cooberated The Seller's Story With An Old Friend Who Knew Him Well. Unfortunately, He Was Also The Type Who Would Not Share Any Further Information. By Accident, I Fell In To A Great Historical Piece. There Are Bargains To Be Found At These Big Shows. The Next Year, A Friend Found A Genuine S S Tuxedo Badge In A Pile Of Repros For $25!
                          Attached Files

Comment

MR.Coleman,

That is truly an amazing story and what must the importance be for such an hisorical Tunic.Unbelieveable

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Coleman View Post
                              LET 'S SEE WHAT HAPPENS

I'll tell you what happened--as soon as I saw the pic with the shoulder loop I spit out my coffee over the keyboard-- Bob, that has to be the most significant TR find of the 21st century!
                              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Coleman View Post
                                An Unusual Political Tunic Bought At The SOS Five Years Ago At A Very Cheap Price.
                                An amazing discovery!!! This tunic will be easy to spot in period pictures of A.H., note the wide lapel/collar desing compared with the others he used most of the time, which probably where made all by Holters, tailors style could be the diference in the cut of the collar/lapels and more pointed pocket flaps of Bob C. tunic, to the more common ones in pictures in the pre-war years.

Again that's a amazing historical treasure....and only $500....some people have all the luck!!

Fred

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X