GAU WESTFALEN-NORD cuff title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GAU WESTFALEN-NORD cuff title

A friend asked me to have this item identified, not my field but i guess its political but what? the title is woven not embroidered and help would be appreciated
    thanks in advance
    cheers
    Gary
    Last edited by Gary Wood; 09-01-2008, 02:12 PM.

does no one know???? or is it in the wrong forum
    cheers
    Gary

Comment

Gary-
      I Have Seen Several N S D A P Cufftitles With A Gau Title. All Are Black Bevo Weave With Gold Lettering. The period these were worn was circa 1932-33 only. This Is Likely Either For A Veteran's Group Or Possibly The D A F. All Guess Work On My Part.

Comment

Hi,

Certainly as far as HJ is concerned these cufftitles were worn by higher HJ leaders and were introduced to replace the area triangle previously worn on the left upper sleeve. I have a book about the Westphalian HJ containing a picture of a BdM-Gauführerin wearing the 'Gau Westfalen' cufftitle in 1944 but can't upload pictures at the moment. There is a little more info here too with a couple of pictures of other examples of this cufftitle:

http://www.bdmhistory.com/research/badges.html#eight
        Last edited by Schmusi; 08-24-2007, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Schmusi-
          An Interesting Site With Good Information. The H J And B D M Formations Are An Area That Have Yet To Be Researched In Depth.

Comment

Thanks for the update guys

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X