This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's See Your S A Flags And Banners

The S A Was The Largest Non Military Organization In The 3rd Reich. We Must Have A Lot Of Trumpet Banners, Drum Skirts, Command Flags And Sturmfahne Out There.
    I Will Start The Thread With A The Command Fahne For Gruppen Mitte. This Flag Was Captured By Pfc Robert Carpenter, 117th Infantry Regiment, 30th Division,
    Attached Files

Typical Printed Eagle Found On S A Command Flags
    Attached Files

Comment

Chain Stiched Gruppe Name
      Attached Files

Comment

some corner patch flags

Hello Bob:
        Here are a couple of like unit number corner
        patch flags I've had in my collection since
        the 1970's ---> http://home.att.net/~oldpatch/4sasig.jpg
        Last edited by oldflagswanted; 06-14-2007, 03:59 AM.
        sigpic
        .......^^^ .................... some of my collection ...................... ^^^...

Comment

I Posted This Sturmfahne A Ways Back On The Flags Forum. It Is My Favorite S A Sturmfahne. It Contains The Martyr Name "wilhelm Decker." Decker Was A Newly Recruited S A Mann Who Was Killed On 9 November, 1931, When His Sturm Was Attacked By Approximately 200 Members Of The Red Front During A Commemoration March Of The Putsch. The Sturmfahne Was Also Badly Damaged During This Encounter. The Flag Became An Ehrenfahne And Was Stabelized By The Addition Of The Netting But Leaving The Damage As A Historical Testament.
          Attached Files

Comment

The Honor Name Added To The Sturmfahne
            Attached Files

Comment

The Unit Corner Patches. The Buckskin Colored Patch Represents Decker's Sturm.
              Attached Files

Comment

Bob,

You break my heart every time I see that flag. It is the best, in my opinion, SA Strumfahne I can imagine. That is the one I want, some day!!!!

Bob Hritz
                In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

this will be a cool listing if the people jump in it, but I think your wrong on the, The S A Was The Largest Non Military Organization In The 3rd Reich.
                  I'm sure Organisation Todt became the largest Non Military one in the end?

But i hope we get to see some nice SA flags/banners/pennants here soon.

greg koepp

Comment

Great flag Bob. Did Decker receive the Blood Order?

Comment

He wouldn't have qualified for the Blutorden original awards, as he didn't take part in the 9.November 1923 march. From the description, I don't think he would have qualified for the 2nd award type either.

That flag is absolutely fantastic! There are only a fistfull of SA honor Fahnen still in existence that I've been able to track down, and that is a wonderful example.
                      Erich
                      Festina lente!

Comment

Erich, I think he would probably qualify for the second pattern BO due to the fact he was killed by the Red Front during an NSDAP march?

Comment

SA command flag with original flag pole

Comment

SA Sturmflag with original flag pole

Comment

FRANK-
                              I LOVE TO SEE THE FLAGS STILL MOUNTED TO THEIR POLES.
                              THIS IS MY OTHER EHRENFAHNE NAMED FOR FRIEDRICH HEINE, ANOTHER S A MANN KILLED IN FIGHTS WITH THE RED FRONT JUST BEFORE THE 1933 ELECTIONS. THIS FLAG FOR MANY YEARS WAS IN THE COLLECTION OF THE FAMOUS EARLY S A COLLECTOR, THE LATE DICK DEETER.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Bob Coleman; 07-08-2007, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X