Are these SA tabs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are these SA tabs?

I don't know what happened. I started to post this, and it came up blank..so I will do it again. The first one has had the red bleed through to discolor the backing I think. I never had any books on these type things, but I think they are SA. What are they, and what period are they from? Again I am trying to slowly photograph and catalog my stuff for the benefit of my family should something happen to me. What would be a general current value of these things? I think to board is also SA, but am not sure. I also don't remember having had any other SA tabs or boards........just never ran onto them.

Thanks,
    Ron

So..

first is SA-standartenfuhrer right side collar tab. Metal insignia on a carmine (SA Leadership Staff) patch with aluminium cord piping.

Second is SA-brigadefuhrer left side collar tab. Aluminium hand embrodied oakleaves on a bright red (Group Staff) patch whith white cord nylon piping. And nice shoulder board.

P.S. Erich is right, of course - second is SA-brigadefuhrer. My foolish mistake.
    Last edited by Roman (Russia); 05-21-2007, 12:47 AM.

Comment

RON-
      NICE TABS!

Comment

It's hard to be certain from the photo, but the first tab looks like it is piped with the earlier silver plated wire (not aluminum). Also, the second tab is for a Brigadeführer.
        Nice!
        Erich
        Festina lente!

Comment

Originally posted by Erich Benndorff View Post
          It's hard to be certain from the photo, but the first tab looks like it is piped with the earlier silver plated wire (not aluminum). Also, the second tab is for a Brigadeführer.
          Nice!
          Erich
          I think you are correct........I am sure it is not aluminum, as it appears with a loupe to be a very fine wire and it appears to be tarnished like silver would get.

Ron

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X