Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newly acquired DDAC items

Hello,
    I'd just like to show a couple of DDAC items I've picked up over the last number of months. I also picked up a very large DDAC pennant which I have previously shown in the flag forum. I hadn't bought to many non portable items in the past few years but lately have found a number of them that really caught my eye. Find myself getting interested in them again more and more. By the way, can anyone tell me what maker LN stands for which on the reverse of the larger of the plaques I show? The smaller plaque on the right is was given apparently "In recognition of sporting achievements in the Olympic year 1936. Dedicated by the DDAC Gau 11 Bayer. Ostmark”). The plaque on the left the translation I come up with is a plaque for a Gau rating plaque for the Hochland Gau. Boy am I sorry I didn't take German in high school! Any comments or better translations are much appreciated.
    Thanks for taking a look and any comments.
    Duzig(Bill)
    Attached Files

Laurer. Nürnberg?

Comment

Thanks for that answer Pete, I didn't even think of that company. I have also seen items marked with LN but the N is on top of the bottom line in the letter L. Have always wondered what company that logo stood for also, maybe also Laurer. . I guess I'll have to do a little search on here or the net. Again thanks for that answer
      Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Duzig View Post
        I have also seen items marked with LN but the N is on top of the bottom line in the letter L. Have always wondered what company that logo stood for also, maybe also Laurer.
        Bill
        That's definitely Laurer.

Comment

Thank you again. Always know I can get good information on this forum. thanks again
          Bill

Comment

Very, very nice DDAC items!!! Brigth & clean ones! congrats

Nacho

Comment

Thanks Nacho, appreciate the comment. Yes, the DDAC plaque particularly is in very good shape. thanks again
              Duzig(Bill)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X